Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jungle Room Sessions

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:55 pm

I just saw that the Jungle Room Sessions FTD is #10 on Amazon UK's list of their best selling Elvis CD:s. Not bad, especially considering it's not exactly a recent release! :)

And for those of you that haven't got this excellent release... they're selling it for £12.99 - a pretty decent price, I think.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:40 pm

Certainly well worth the money. Just think of the sales if they promoted the FTD range in some way, perhaps with an insert card in the cases of all those compilations they release on the main label.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:48 pm

bray1977 wrote:Certainly well worth the money. Just think of the sales if they promoted the FTD range in some way, perhaps with an insert card in the cases of all those compilations they release on the main label.

I think the same, it is a shame that the great material of FTD is unknown by the general public and out of the general markets. For an example, to take "Elvis Is Back" out of the regular stores is the same as if we take out Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon" or Jackson's "Thriller"...

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:36 pm

True, the FTD releases are unknown to the general public, and sometimes maybe that's for the best... we don't want some poor soul to order Tuscon '76 thinking they're getting a great live album, are we? :lol:

But that's why I thought it was pretty nice that JRS came #10 when I browsed Amazon's best selling Elvis CD's... As I'm sure a lot of people do when looking for another Elvis album not knowing what's out there. Elvis Is Back got a high ranking too, an album that deserves a much bigger audience then us maniacs here! :wink:

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:47 pm

Ramiro wrote:For an example, to take "Elvis Is Back" out of the regular stores is the same as if we take out Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon" or Jackson's "Thriller"...

No, it's not at all the same.

The sad reality is that the Pink Floyd and Michael Jackson discs are evergreens, catalog items that continue to sell, while Elvis Is Back simply does not. That's why it's been pulled from retail, BMG cannot see a profit from it any longer.

Heck, it didn't sell as well as it should have in 1960, for pete's sake. Of course, many great records have not always gotten their due at the marketplace.

DJC

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:...catalog items that continue to sell, while Elvis Is Back simply does not. That's why it's been pulled from retail, BMG cannot see a profit from it any longer.

Heck, it didn't sell as well as it should have in 1960, for pete's sake. Of course, many great records have not always gotten their due at the marketplace.

DJC

That's true.

Elvis was primarily a singles artist.

His best-selling albums [apart from the Xmas one] have been compilations of his single titles, like the Golden Records.

His best albums [to us fans at any rate] like Elvis Country & From Elvis In Memphis didn't set the charts alight, or register that much in the minds of the public.

So they aren't likely to snap up re-issues of them.

Compilations of his singles, with all their associated memories, are a much better bet commercially.