Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:24 am

John -

I've got that 'Arena' documentary !

Good, isn't it ?
Last edited by ColinB on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:35 am

Maybe Ger supplied pictures that were used

question for ger

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:47 am

... Is that the BBC docu on the story behind the lyrics of Heartbreak Hotel? Ive not seen it since it was aired, somewhere in the mid to late 90s? Those were the golden Tallhair years... One book after another, helping out with photos, for numerous TV docus, special video projects [ Elvis 56, and many others] , diggin thru two years [ July 54- early 56] of Memphis Newspapers, in the Memphis Library, and finding those Eagles Nest ads, sitting in the Washington DC library for 2 days, copieng Billboard mags, with the stories and local charts, from the time he was with Sun, visiting photographers Wertheimer, Williams and Shearer, diggin thru the RCA Vaults...

... After Rolling Stone magazine had reviewed two of my photobooks [ thank you, Kurt Loder!] I was starting to get requests from Tv Companies, asking to help out with info and photos for their docus on the young Elvis... Around that time I got to meet people like Peter Guralnick and Greil Marcus [ Of Mystery Train book fame]... I even flirted with RCA for a while. 90% of the photos in the lp size booklet that came with The Essential 50s Masters Boxset, and the one that graced the front of the box itself, all came from my collection... The love affair ended, when some RCA bozos started suspecting me of being involved with some naughty doings, in the Elvis field :wink:

... Those were exciting times 8) with so many things that had to be explored... When Ernst will, one day, finish his Sun project, things will have come full circle, and the book on those early, ground breaking years, can be closed...

... Or do some of you feel, there are still things that needs further exploring? Youre welcome to tell us...

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:21 pm

Ger, suspicious posting here...are you who you claim to be? I know I'd have a copy of a doco I was featured or involved in. Your feats are unparalled, its just my suspicious mind. Oh, its rock a hula baby all over again.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 pm

John:

I can confirm it really is Ger.

All the best,

JeroenNL

question for ger

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 pm

... This is fun! Am I me?
... Check my photo, at the frontdoor of the Graceland mansion, featured on the golf cart thread. Page 3, I believe...? Anyway, friends of mine, will tell you Im a mess, when it comes to sorting out stuff that have my name mentioned, such as videos, radio & tv interviews, magazine features, etc!

... Its only recently, I try sorting things out, for my young son, in case I kick the bucket, and no ex- wives have a clue what to save, when they face tons of Elvis related memorabilia in my apartment...! :roll:

... Sure, Im proud of many things, that had me involved, Elvis wise, through the years... 8) The only things that have my full attention in life, are my 11 years young son, and my cat... Life flies by too fast to worry about other things. So, John, to answer your question : yes, Im the one and only me :lol:

Re: question for ger

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:46 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:I even flirted with RCA for a while. 90% of the photos in the lp size booklet that came with The Essential 50s Masters Boxset, and the one that graced the front of the box itself, all came from my collection... The love affair ended, when some RCA bozos started suspecting me of being involved with some naughty doings, in the Elvis field :wink:

Ger, I am sorry to hear this. I loved the pictures you provided in the Complete Fifties Masters box bookelt. I don't mean to pry, but did the suits at RCA believe you had helped with Fort Baxter and Bliko's releases? This is very similar to the suspicion that was raised againt Mark Lewisohn when Beatles session tapes leaked around the time of his publication The Beatles Recording Sessions.

Mike C

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:49 am

Ger, no offence meant. It's just you're such a legend, I wanted to be sure!

question for ger

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:23 am

... Flattering words, John... But dont forget, I was lucky, working at home, for most of the 80s till now. Meaning I had a lot of free time, while others had to do their 8-5 jobs, day in, day out, I could jump a plane, and fly off to LA or New York, to dig thru photo & tape vaults, when I had the money and felt like it... Yeah, I was blessed with a lot of luck, and a bucket filled with creativity.