Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
rockerman
Registered for: 18 years

ttwii outtakes?

Post by rockerman »

Can anybody give a more detailed review of the material on the best of outtakes?(Imports vol. 1 and 2) :wink:

Topic author
rockerman
Registered for: 18 years

Post by rockerman »

Or any comments from people who have watched it

moodyblue1
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by moodyblue1 »

Quality and sound is pretty crappy (almost unwatchable). Best thing is to wait for Turner to release the footage officially. Official releases are always better quality.

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

Yeah your right moodyblue the picture and sound are not that great and I think not even all of it has sound some of it is silent footage. I would just wait for the official release becuase I think they are going to release it eventually :wink:

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by ekenee »

elvispresleyfan1935 wrote:Yeah your right moodyblue the picture and sound are not that great and I think not even all of it has sound some of it is silent footage. I would just wait for the official release becuase I think they are going to release it eventually :wink:
Yeah its planned for the 100th anniversary coming in 2070.
Only 64 years to go and I will see the footage I have only dreamed about.
It will just fly by. I can't wait.

PS. only 66 years til "on tour" gets a special edition.

moodyblue1
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Re: ttwii outtakes?

Post by moodyblue1 »

rockerman wrote:Can anybody give a more detailed review of the material on the best of outtakes?(Imports vol. 1 and 2) :wink:

Rockerman, the best watchable footage you'll ever get from TTWII is from the following 3 DVD releases :

TTWII SE (official, Turner, 2001)

TTWII OV (released by MGM in 1997)

The Lost Performances (released on factory pressed DVD in 2002, not official but quality is excellent, better than VHS in fact, as it is a carbon copy of the Laserdisc !)

And after watching those 3 videos, if that still does'nt fill the void (because of the missing songs on the videos), I would pop in the "One Night In Vegas" FTD CD , or Disc 2 from the "Live In Vegas" CD box set.

minni1
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by minni1 »

PSA from the TTWII outtakes is phenomenal!!!

Riverfront Coliseum Cincinnati, Ohio, June 25, 1977