Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Would it be 2 much for pre show talk from San Antone 1972

Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:33 am

in the video of on tour we get this guy speaking about the show and warming the auidence up

just wondering what fans thought about this getting put before elvis comes out would it be special to have it or just boring

Cameron

Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:27 am

That's comedian Jackie Kahane, if I'm not mistaken.
There's a soundboard cd (forgot name/date ?) that includes a 20 min. stand-up routine he did to open the concert

Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:12 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:That's comedian Jackie Kahane, if I'm not mistaken.
There's a soundboard cd (forgot name/date ?) that includes a 20 min. stand-up routine he did to open the concert

The Jackie Kahane stand-up routine can be found on one of the two releases of A Capital Performance which features the Jackson, Mississippi June 8th 1975 evening preformance. (..and it´s not the Madison one)

Kind regards,
Stefan

Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:29 pm

Hey Graceland Gardener!

If you keep that up you'll bust those strings!!!

Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:51 pm

If we are talking about the audio release, I don’t think Jackie’s routine would do anything to enhance the disc. Alternatively, if Turner MGM ever do get around to an “On Tour” SE, I would rather they took the same approach as they did with the “TTWII” SE and concentrate on Elvis and his music.

Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:06 am

well we could have worse, like outtakes of that old man showing us how to open the doors, coming from the otherside.

Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:15 am

Stephan, thanks for recalling the name of that cd. Kahane's bit is kinda funny. Elvis' own personal Seinfeld lol

elvis-fan, I did bust a string. Gotta G?

well we could have worse, like outtakes of that old man showing us how to open the doors, coming from the otherside.

Amen to that Kingtiger. How boring.
Didn't these various city councils have any semi-attractive women on the payroll to go down to the airport/auditorium and greet The King?
Just these shrivveled-up old farts?
They don't really care about meeting Elvis and I'm sure Elvis didn't really care about meeting them. Talk about a generation gap!

GG