Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD CD Sales

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:58 am

Can anyone tell me if FTD has ever given any sales figures just for the FTD releases?

I'd like to know what's their highest and lowest selling titles.

:?

CD sales

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:01 am

To my knowledge no figures have been released. I assume the reason for this is it allows them to continue to distribute once the initial run is depleted while still allowing the mirage that we are buying a limited released product.

Tony

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:20 am

I don't remember where I got this info, nor do I have any sales figures to share, but The Jungle Room Sessions is their best selling release (which is consistent with its being #1 on the FTD TOP 15 poll on this site). And quite surprisingly, Tucson '76 is the second-best seller. My only guess on how that could be is that the label was pretty young then, and that was its debut soundboard release.

It just occurred to me that it's been quite a while since I heard that--some time before the release of Spring Tours '77. (I remember thinking how I hoped ST77 would outsell all the others.) So there could be a new sales leader, but I haven't heard anything since that time. I'd be very interested to see those figures too.

If that FTD website would ever get up and running...

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:22 am

Tony,

I'm thinking Ernst may have mentioned this in an interview around that time?