Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rubberneckin 2003 - the groove Mix

Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:59 am

Hi Everybody

This new remix has been circulating for quite some time now, is there anyone out there has not heard it.

Garry

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:07 pm

Hi!

I haven't heard it yet.
Is it any good?

Br
Kristian

Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:35 pm

Hi Kristan

There's a link which takes you to the Rubberneckin 2003 groove mix:

Look for the thread which is titled:

Listen here to the Pauk Oakenfold Rubberneckin remix.

http://www.elvisdisco.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

I have put the link just in case you can't find it

Garry

Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:46 pm

Really hope taht it'll be as good as ALLC.
Actually this is one of the songs that really sound very very modern I think that the next remixes might be Wearin' That Loved on Look or Power of Love or Edge of the Reality

Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:52 pm

Garry 100

sorry to disappoint but this groove mix is 100% nothing to do with Paul Oakenfold.

I personally know the guy going by the name of Elvis In-Cognito who is/should be credited with this re-mix. It's a shame people are just not listening to the facts that i've posted on here before (see below).

When the Oakenfold version does surface (Nobody On Here Has Heard It!!!) you'll all realise you followed an in-correct lead and TTWII ....

Until August n Oakies version, sit back n enjoy

ELVIS IN-COGNITO

RUBBERNECKIN 2003 (GROOVE MIX)
3 MINUTES 26 SECONDS (Final Mix)

The additional sounds, music and break beats contained within this CD were made entirely from the original January 1969 outtake recordings.

There are no added music samples from any source other than those extracted from the original recordings.

The approach taken for this remix was to stay as true to the original as possible, extracting the full parameters set by those early recordings to enhance this new Rubberneckin as a modern day 2003 Groove Mix.

Mixed at LMC Sound Studios, Brixton, London England
NOV 2002/MAR/MAY/JUNE 2003

Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:28 am

Elvis 56

I re-read my post and it does provoke a misunderstanding.

Thats right... the Groove mix has NOTHING to do with Paul Oakenfold.

The guy by the name of Elvis in-cognito produced the groove mix.

Kristian hadn't heard the groove mix so instead of emailing the song I gave him the link from the other thread which was titled:

"Listen hear to the Paul Oakenfold rubberneckin remix"

This is erronous as the remix on this link is infact the "Groove mix" and not the PO remix.

Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:16 pm

garry 100

yeah sorry man, it was just the way it read, i saw one of your other postings of a similar nature after replying, i then realised you knew it wasn't the Oakenfold mix.

Sorry again, i'm always ready to admit when i've made a mistake :oops:

Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:43 am

Hi Elvis 56

My post was confusing, I personally think the groove mix is a terrific remix considering what was avalible to be used within the songs content to make a remix out of it, and that Elvis in-cognito has kept away from using outside samples or overdubs which would have given a more Bass'e ALLC aproach I don't think it could be bettered.

Garry

Rubberneckin

Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:50 am

If the release sounds anything like this it will flop and flop big time!
The song sounds dated and the re-mix has done nothing to prevent this.
ALLC was considered a cool song, it just sounded masculine, edgy and strong. Rubberneckin sounds like a soft mid 60's dance tune (this was when kids making out still called it necking).
I enjoy the song but being of the younger generation I do not see anyway this is going to be a sensation with the mass public. ALLC was used as an anthem for the soccer tournaments going on at the time what exactly is going to be this songs hook?
BMG should have went with something a helluva lot edgier, with Christina's "Dirty" success and the success of EMINEM we should have an idea about what the public is looking for.
I hope and pray to God that Paul can work some kind of miracle with this song and pull it into 2003 and maybe add some digital enhancements that would work in a dance club ala Cher's Do you believe in life after love. If not this will just be another collectible for Elvis fans to enjoy.

Tony

Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:03 am

I am not much on re-mixs and i don't think they should
Do this missiing around with his music, if elvis be alive today
i do think he would like it either.

curtis simpkins

NO MORE RE-MIXING ELVIS MUSIC-NEEDS TO STOP
RIGHT NOW.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:39 am

For you promo nuts, BMG Au has a one track, 30 second excerpt of the new remix. To be honest I don't have it nor have I heard it, but I am hoping to secure a copy by Monday or Tuesday.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:53 pm

For an update on this thread please go to the following URL:

http://www.elvis-express.com/rubbernews.html

Brian :D

Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:07 pm

I cant wait to hear the new remix - bring it on - lets hope for another number 1.

BMG will have to pull their fingers out with the promotion, they can`t rely on Nike this time !

Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:06 am

Hi folks!

After listening to the "Groove-mix" of Rubberneckin', I'm glad that this is NOT the version who eventually will be release in August!

I don't know exactly WHY, but this version simply doesn't kick ass!
It never "takes off", like ALLC did last year, in my opinion...

Lets all hope that the OFFICIAL remix of Rubberneckin' will do so!

Br
Kristian