Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question About a CD

Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:39 pm

Does anyone on here have (or know anything about) a CD titled "Final Performance". It's of the Indianapolis show from Aug 77 and is supposed to contain the opening acts as well as Elvis' performance. I also heard the sound was improved even better than the on the Adios CD.

Anyone with info on this please post.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:06 pm

Hi Big Boss!

There are only three imports I know of that exist for this show (There's one called "The Last Show" but I've never seen it):

Adios - The Final Performance (AJ Records)

The Last Farewell (EP Records)

The Last Session - Live (PR Records)

this is the cd : The last show

Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:25 pm

Here is the 4th cd of this concert :

Premiere Music - 1995 - original cd !

Regards : Ron & Jessica - Netherlands

Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:23 pm

Thanks for posting that Mahalo!!!

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:33 am

Thanks for the responses guys - lets all keep any eye out for it.
:shock:

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:37 am

Did "The Last Farewell" originaly come out in a red cover??
My copy came in a black cover. :?

8)

Red or black cover

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:34 am

Hello Sam , the original first pressing of that cd is the one with the RED cover !

This is the second one :

Regards : Ron & Jessica - Netherlands

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:49 am

I have the 4 cds that are mentioned above and Adios is the best one to get. I haven't heard about the latest release that is mentioned in the original post.

jeff R

Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:20 am

It's a 2 cdr set with the complete ( I think) warm up acts.

the last session

Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:23 am

on the cd cover of "the last session," under the words "the king," it looks like they've magnified an image. looks like a church or something. what is that supposed to mean? and is that actually what it is? just curious. Thanks

Re: the last session

Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:59 am

kmlelvis wrote:on the cd cover of "the last session," under the words "the king," it looks like they've magnified an image. looks like a church or something. what is that supposed to mean? and is that actually what it is? just curious. Thanks

It is a crown, like the kings wore

Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:51 am

I hope Elvis would have had better taste than to put that on his head!

I've had better crowns out of Christmas crackers. :wink:

Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:01 pm

Hello!

I think I know which title you're talking about:)
I saw the cover on the cover-site 'http://www.elvisforever.cjb.net/'.

The cover was uploaded on June 16th, but I believe that it is only a working title - because if they would like to release it, they would promote it. This is - in my opinion - a good try for a cd-cover, but not a new cd.

Maybe they will release it one day. It's from the guys who released the "Perfect Gift"-CD(r) which was - soundwise - a very good release. When they're able to improve the sound of the Indianapolis-tapes the same way, then I will go for it. But in the meantime I will listen to the 'Adios'-CD, because of it's very good (audience) recording - the best of all the above mentioned.

Kind regards, Jörn