Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I'd like to work on some Elvis projects...

Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:12 pm

hi guys
I have some projects on mind and I'd like to make them real.....but I don't know who I must contact.
I'm not going into details ...because someone may steal my ideas.....but for sure you'll like them.
maybe someone on this messageboard has contacts with BMG.....and would like to participate. well...you are welcome.
I'm not interested in money.....if not in making these projects that never been though (and I guess never will) and can contribute more to the Elvis world.
thanks everybody..!!!

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:17 pm

Ale,
Are you talking about audio projects or film/video? Also, are you looking to use existing footage or shoot something new?

Tom

Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:11 pm

thanks for answering tom...
i'm looking forward in working with oficial material (BMG/FTD)...first because it would be ilegal to work with bootleg stuff and second because the projects could be done with legal material already released but out of catalog and some jewels released on FTD cd's.
But what is important is that the projects consist in things that nobody...(even ernst or roger)...though about....or maybe they though but then brough the project down.
I'm sure of their succes.
If you are interested and think that can help with contacts in BMG....we can talk about it.
I'm musician...and i'm not working very well now....so i can spend time thinking in new elvis projects......it sounds funny...but who knows.....we don't have to pay for dreamin'....
all the best, Ale

Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:40 pm

so...???....is someboby interested...???
ale

Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:59 pm

Ale,
As much as I think BMG may need to look at their releases with a pair of fresh eyes, it is highly unlikely that they would ever welcome or utilize any ideas/assistance from anyone outside the company. Especially as BMG has an entire department devoted to the marketing strategies for Elvis releases. However, if I were you and really thought I had a great idea, I would send a certified letter to Ernst or the mkgt department and provide a very basic synopsis of your idea. While I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply, anything is possible. Just as film studios will not accept ideas and/or scripts from "Joe Average" for a myriad of reasons, my guess is that the same will hold true in this instance. I do wish you the very best of luck and keep us posted.

Tom

Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:26 pm

thanks buddy..
I'll try to contact some BMG chairman here in my country and tell him about the project....
if nothing happens...I'll make it for my own...
if you are from USA...can you contact ...MAARTEN STEINKAMP ???.....he is in charge of all the BMG international releases...
if you can....try to get his mail address and I'll write him...
thanks!!!
ale