Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Interview with Ernst M. Jorgensen

Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:07 am

BMG/FTD producer kindly accepted to make an interview for our website. We will have questions for him but we'd like to give you the opportunity to participate. You have a week from now for sending us your questions, and ALL questions must be related to the BMG Heritage ' Close Up ' box-set and/or FTD label projects. We'll choose the best questions and add them to our own.
Send us your questions at fecc@elvis-collectors.com.

FECC Team

Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:26 am

This is awesome news.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:29 am

WOW. :roll:
I sent my question.
Thanks FECC

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:59 am

:D same here sam

curtis simpkins

Thanks to FECC!

Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:02 pm

Hi,

i like to thank you for giving us the chance to tell Ernst about your concerns!

Keep on doing such a fantastic job!

Mathias

Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:32 pm

Aahhh dont pick on the good doctor, thats just his way, you know, kinda camp !

I for one will be looking forward to this interview, this is one record company guy who gets my respect.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:49 pm

woodleyjohn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:This is awesome news.

Awesome?? No disrespect but in the grand scheme of things, hardly, Doc.

Oh, excuse me, John -- I thought we were all posting thoughts to an ELVIS PRESLEY message board.

And the opportunity to pose questions to the person primarily responsible for choosing the music released by ELVIS PRESLEY's record label does not come along on a weekly basis.

What subjects do you believe this MB should be discussing?

Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:22 am

Why don't we reserve your semantic analysis for the "Off Topic" section of this MB?

God bless.

Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:51 am

It's great news that Ernst is going to do an interview, lets hope he can give us some real new info on well anything :

This is what I would like to especially hear anything on:

The third acetate or anything on the Sun era would be welcome, The first version of Treat me nice 4/30/57 as it's take 19 are the other 18 now in the vaults just waiting for a release?, the screaming girls version of "Down in the Alley" where DID that orginate?, King Creole binaurals, next set of FTD movie titles?, C'mon everybody - movie version was Ann Margrets shreiks and shrills a movie overdub or was she in the recording studio having a great time with Elvis when the song was recorded? "wow whata gal".

Garry

the list is endless,

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:22 am

Question 1............................................................................

In a revised edition of A Life In Music, could you add a total take # column to the session data so we know how many total takes were done per song. (His book only lists 2 columns: Matrix #/Master #)

Please revise to read: F2WB 0089 / 11 / 17 for example

Question 2............................................................................

Please settle a bet over what Elvis means when he curses on take 1 of "Suspicious Minds"

"Will I still see, see, see, f-- you, writer."

Is this in reference to the songwriter's confounding word meter in this verse which Elvis messes up repeatedly - or was Elvis saying "rider" as in CC Rider ?
The debate is whether Elvis is saying writer or rider.

Question 3............................................................................

What is the story behind the "screaming girls" version of Down In The Alley and who is that mock announcer?

Thanks,
GG

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:29 am

woodleyjohn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:This is awesome news.

Awesome?? No disrespect but in the grand scheme of things, hardly, Doc.

The rolling eyes in my first post was for the post above mine. I thought awesome was a bit over the top. And I thought the Doc would have something more significant to add. :wink:

:twisted:

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:40 am

To Graceland Gardener

[Please settle a bet over what Elvis means when he curseson take 1 of "Suspicious minds"]

Well I thought it was "Rider"

Garry[/quote]

Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:47 am

I'm certain he says Rider, as in C C Rider. :D

8)

Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:01 am

Perhaps Dr. Carpenter ought to reserve his judgement until after he has read the interview. Is that not what he suggested we all do with Alannah Nash's book? It will only be awesome news if Ernst actually tells us something new, this time.

Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:14 am

What you miss, Stephen, is that I made NO judgement on the interview. My comment is cherishing the opportunity for the FECC community to interact with Ernst via our queries. I do hope you manage to come up with one yourself.

Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:16 am

Dr. Carpenter:

Not interested, sorry.