Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
MauriceinIreland

Elvis and Van Morrison

Post by MauriceinIreland »

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/story/26416

Van the Man's Tupelo song is very popular in Tupelo MS. See story on the link and add a comment if you like. They printed mine.

Those FECC message board people aint gonna change me none :lol:
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

We'll be seeing the Belfast Cowboy on Monday night. As always, it promises to be an interesting show.

Topic author
MauriceinIreland

elvissessions.com, Do they understand his Ulster Cowboy accent in Texas :lol:

I can hardly understand the heavy Northern Irish accent. Especially the Falls road Belfast version.

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

We'll see. :D It's turned into one of those hip-to-be-there shows, and it sold out incredibly quickly. (We were lucky to get our good seats. We're about 10th row, dead center.)

I have my suspicions about how deep some of these frenzied fans' interest really goes. I hope I don't have to endure an embarrassing evening of cries for "Brown-Eyed Girl." (Yeah, it's a good tune, but you don't want to upset the guy. I don't want Dallas to be another bootleg entry like "If You Don't Like It, Go F--- Yourself" from the '74 Montreux Jazz Festival.

For my part, I claim true and devoted fan status of Van the Man. He's one of the artists, besides Elvis, that I can truly claim to have every released recording, including the rare b-side oddities like "Mechanical Bliss" and "What's up Crazy Pup."

In the last few years, I can't claim to be quite as excited about his new albums. The first single from his latest (a set of country standards) isn't making me hungry for the rest of the set.

However, well into the '80s, this guy had a tight hold on his mad, mystical genius. He's one of the greats.

John B

Post by John B »

Van is one of my all time favorite artists, been a fan for many years. I heard a pre release copy of his new album about a month ago, not one of his best but still has it's moments. Wish I could see him in concert this time around. Enjoy the show!

John B

Post by John B »

Speaking of Van boots, there are some true gems out there with some of "those" moments on them that'll give you goosebumps. Lately I'm partial to a version of Celtic New Year which goes into Down in the Alley and into Healing Game along with about 5 minutes worth of his guitar plucking/scatting. Amazing stuff. I've got another boot with a 24 minute version of Streets of Arklow. He just gets into these almost trance-like states sometimes and it doesn't get any better than that.

944cabby

Post by 944cabby »

My mate served VM when he stayed in a hotel during the Brecon Jazz festival some years back.He reckoned he was really ignorant.

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

944cabby wrote:He reckoned he was really ignorant.
Thanks for that anonymous secondhand irrelevancy. :roll:

Abbi

Post by Abbi »

Whilst we are on the subject of Van Morrison and ignorance, I read an Uncut magazine interview with him last year where he said that Elvis was just image as far as he was concerned although he did admire his singing abilities!

Topic author
Graceland Gardener

Post by Graceland Gardener »

Someone once said that if Van Morrison had wanted it bad enough and had the right timing and drive, Van Morrison would've been "the Bruce Springsteen 80s icon" and not Springsteen himself.

Abbi

Post by Abbi »

Graceland Gardener wrote:Someone once said that if Van Morrison had wanted it bad enough and had the right timing and drive, Van Morrison would've been "the Bruce Springsteen 80s icon" and not Springsteen himself.
It would have helped if he didn't look like your grumpy uncle.

Topic author
MauriceinIreland

http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/reviews/1998april.html

When people dicuss popular music with Journalists and do not mention Elvis Presley, something is dreadfully wrong.

Maybe in books too. How many of us go straight to the index when perusing a book about modern culture or biographies of entertainers?

944cabby

Post by 944cabby »

elvissessions.com wrote:
944cabby wrote:He reckoned he was really ignorant.
Thanks for that anonymous secondhand irrelevancy. :roll:
:roll:

elvispresleyfan1935

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

Thanks for that interesting article.

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long