Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Are "Aztec King" and "Slipping 'n Sliding&quo

Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:36 am

Image Image

Are those two Memory releases already released? I've read some info about it, and they were supposed to be released around this time. I like the other audience recordings from Memory, so I'm looking forward to these two titles also...

Any more info about these?

Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:25 am

not sure if they've been released yet, but can anybody tell me where they got the title 'Slippin and Slidin with Elvis'? I laughed the first time I heard this title and saw the album cover. I hope the performance is much better than the title implies.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:15 pm

As do I, but the description from Memory Records doesn't sound all that promising.

...in Lake Tahoe it's clear that not all is well. Elvis stops and restarts several songs, blaming it on the soundsystem. And yet, he has the audience eating out of his hand right from the start, and this in turn inspires him to do a good job on songs like "Steamroller Blues" and "Trying To Get To You". This show is far from his best, but somehow this recording makes for fascinating listening.

The bonus tracks on the CD's do add some appeal, including "Such A Night", "You Can Have Her", "Loving You", "(Until The Day) God Calls Me Home", "Young And Beautiful", "Raised On Rock", "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Memphis Tennessee". All these tracks are sourced from newly-obtained tapes, and now sound better than ever. If that is true, those tapes were indeed a good find.