Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rockin' Across Texas concerts

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:20 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the 1974 show. Sound quality isn't great, but the performance comes through.

I have mixed feelings about the 1976 show. Elvis sounds as if he's trying to give a good account of himself, but the vocal machinery ain't firing on all cylinders. He sounds sluggish and weary. Sound quality of this show is quite good.

I've only briefly leafed through the book, but it's excellent!

All in all $70.00 for 2 concerts cd's and a great photo book is a bargain!

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:43 pm

The 1974 show is the better of the two shows, but the sound quality lets it down... I´ve listened more the 76 show, mostly because of the much better sound. And it is ok, I think, for 1976, certainly better than the dreadful Tuscon show. My favourite show from the summer of 1976 has to be Memphis, July 5th. He seems to be in a strange mood, but it´s a long show and the sound is great.

I wouldn´t call it a bargain, but it is a nice package!

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:The 1974 show is the better of the two shows, but the sound quality lets it down... I´ve listened more the 76 show, mostly because of the much better sound. And it is ok, I think, for 1976, certainly better than the dreadful Tuscon show. My favourite show from the summer of 1976 has to be Memphis, July 5th. He seems to be in a strange mood, but it´s a long show and the sound is great.

I wouldn´t call it a bargain, but it is a nice package!

That Tuscon show is in my opinion not better than the Omaha -77 show.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm

That 76 show is the one Elvis does a better than average version of Jailhouse Rock. Imo.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:09 pm

The best part of the '76 show is Elvis' version of America, The Beautiful and the ovation he gets at the conclusion of the song.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:27 pm

I forgot about that one. That show has pretty good sound also.

rockin accros

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:55 pm

... Bought the book, and gave away the cds to a young fan.

Re: rockin accros

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Bought the book, and gave away the cds to a young fan.

That's mighty nice of you Ger. Did you also rip out the jumpsuit photos from the book and give them to the young fan? :lol:

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:31 pm

It´s a great book in my opinion, the concerts are a little weak. Hope for more books in this style!

O.S.

rockin accros

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:42 pm

... It wasnt to show off... Ive given away a lot of the 70s concerts, both rca/ ftd and boots. they dont do anything for me, never play them. And if it makes a kid/ new fan, happy, than Im happy... Im not a collector anymore. Ive only kept the ones I play. And that does include 70s stuff. Im not all bad, you know?!

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Ive given away a lot of the 70s concerts, both rca/ ftd and boots. they dont do anything for me,

A lot.. but not all..you still got a few for me..LOL...sorry..couldn`t resist :wink:

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... It wasnt to show off... Ive given away a lot of the 70s concerts, both rca/ ftd and boots. they dont do anything for me, never play them. And if it makes a kid/ new fan, happy, than Im happy... Im not a collector anymore. Ive only kept the ones I play. And that does include 70s stuff. Im not all bad, you know?!

I was just kidding you Ger, knowing you don't think too highly of the jumpsuit period.

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 am

yeah Ger, why don't you? do you TOTALLY ignore this era?

tell me, what stuff of the 70s have you heard or seen?