Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ShopElvis.com holds money orders to "clear".

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 am

ShopElvis.com is holding the money order I sent them for up to 7 days to "clear" (despite the fact that it's a money order and they can cash it any time they want without a problem). Has anyone else experienced this? I read through the FAQs on the site and apparently it's because the money order was for over $200. I've never had a company hold a money order for that; or any reason before...

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:06 am

Yes and here is the reason. Counterfiet money orders is big now. They can cash it and get the money but if thier bank discovers the money order to be no good, they will subtract the money from the account. So they want to make sure before they ship any merch. Blame it on the crooks.

I suppose the safest money order would be a US postal money order because those are tracked on thier system and if one was stolen or counterfieted it would more than likely be flagged when attempting to cash it at a post office. But I think these are the safest. If the policy is for EPE to wait the clearance time on money orders, they are not going to make an exception on postal money orders. No reason to.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:08 am

ekenee wrote:Yes and here is the reason. Counterfiet money orders is big now. They can cash it and get the money but if thier bank discovers the money order to be no good, they will subtract the money from the account. So they want to make sure before they ship any merch. Blame it on the crooks.

I suppose the safest money order would be a US postal money order because those are tracked on thier system and if one was stolen or counterfieted it would more than likely be flagged when attempting to cash it at a post office. But I think these are the safest. If the policy is for EPE to wait the clearance time on money orders, they are not going to make an exception on postal money orders. No reason to.

It takes one bad apple... sigh.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:12 am

I just ordered about over $200.00 in cd's and paid with my credit card. After 3 weeks, the cd's still hadn't arrived so I called them and asked about it. They said that I didn't respond to their "security" email that they send when people order more than $200.00 so the order was cancelled. I said that I never received an email and no one informed me that I should look for one.

They asked me if I wanted to re-order and I said no. They have goofed before but (broadway All Shook Up for the FTD one, for example) but they were so much cheaper than anyone else, I thought I would live with it. This is no longer the case as they are now comparable to other suppliers after their last price increase. I gave my business to someone else and will no longer go through ShopElvis.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:15 am

ronnyg wrote:I just ordered about over $200.00 in cd's and paid with my credit card. After 3 weeks, the cd's still hadn't arrived so I called them and asked about it. They said that I didn't respond to their "security" email that they send when people order more than $200.00 so the order was cancelled. I said that I never received an email and no one informed me that I should look for one.

They asked me if I wanted to re-order and I said no. They have goofed before but (broadway All Shook Up for the FTD one, for example) but they were so much cheaper than anyone else, I thought I would live with it. This is no longer the case as they are now comparable to other suppliers after their last price increase. I gave my business to someone else and will no longer go through ShopElvis.

I can understand why that would make you upset! :(

Did you check your spam filters? I got the email from them (which is what prompted me to call them and get the answer about them holding the money order because it's a high amount).

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 am

That would take for ever to get what you are ordering by using money orders :roll:

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:03 am

elvispresleyfan1935 wrote:That would take for ever to get what you are ordering by using money orders :roll:

It's my only option.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:20 am

Here is a list of other things we are waiting forever on. We as Elvis fans are used to waiting.

1. Outtakes from his movies
2. Elvis on tour dvd
3. A decent version of "thats the way it is"
4. Elvis 50's tv appearances on dvd
5. Elvis in concert dvd

You get the idea