Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

NEED HELP TO FIND CLOSE UP IN THE TAPE VERSION

Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:46 pm

I AM LOOKING FOR A TAPE VERSION OF THE NEW
"CLOSE UP" ON A TAPE VERSION, AND ALSO A TAPE OF
"TODAY TOMORROW AND FORVER"

SENT'S I DON'T PLAY TO MUCH CD ANYWAY, I ONLY PLAY MY ELVIS VINYL
COLLECTION AND IN MY CAR MY TAPE COLLECTION.

SO IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITCH WEB SITE I CAN BUY THESE
ONLINE.

THANKS
CURTIS SIMPKINS
Last edited by CURTIS SIMPKINS on Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:55 pm

Why not buy it on CD then tape it?

That way you'll be able to make another tape when the first one wears out, as it surely will.

I don't have a cassette that's lasted longer longer than 2 years in the car. :roll:

Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:28 pm

Curtis,

Have you tried going to the store and asking if they have the tape version? Have you asked if you can order it from them? It's a brand new release, I'm sure they can get it for you. Of course, you'll have to go to store, so make sure your dad doesn't have the car.

You could also order it online from places like http://www.samgoody.com or http://www.circuitcity.com. Of course, that requires that you have a credit card.

tupelo_boy wrote:Why not buy it on CD then tape it?

That way you'll be able to make another tape when the first one wears out, as it surely will.

I don't have a cassette that's lasted longer longer than 2 years in the car. :roll:

What's interesting is that if you order it from http://www.samgoody.com, it's actually cheaper to get it on CD than it is to get it on tape. Don't Ask Me Why.

Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:44 pm

Here's the direct link (for the cassette) of the site Peter referred you to:

http://shop.samgoody.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?catid=cat000138&prodid=002285739&skuid=004068279

Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:18 pm

Actually, this is the link I was referring to. Your link doesn't work, unfortunately, elvis-fan. I don't think you can link directly to a cassette version, only to the general package. But there's a link to the cassette version on the page in my link (which should work). Of course, I'm sure Curtis can figure it out himself.

CASSETTE TAPES....

Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:23 am

Are they still making those bad sounding things that used to get twisted up all over the place??!!! Why bother with 1980's "technonlogy" when vinyl or CD are so much nicer, better quality and longer lasting.
TONY DOBB

Re: CASSETTE TAPES....

Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:40 am

TONY wrote:Are they still making those bad sounding things that used to get twisted up all over the place??!!! Why bother with 1980's "technonlogy" when vinyl or CD are so much nicer, better quality and longer lasting.
TONY DOBB

HI TONY
I WILL BE BUYING THE VINYL VERSION WHEN THEY COME UP WITH IT
BUT I THE MEAN TIME ILL JUST GET THE TAPE VERSION FOR NOW.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:04 am

Hey Curtis you should buy a CD Player for your car, or use a Walkman type Cd Player with the cassette connection. Much better than tapes and you will keep value and quality with Cds better than tape.

:D

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:27 am

Let's not confuse Curtis with all this talk of new-fangled technology.

He'll start lusting after stereo next :lol:

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:49 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Let's not confuse Curtis with all this talk of new-fangled technology.

He'll start lusting after stereo next :lol:

O.K. O.K.

KIWIALAN TO LET YOU KNOW I DO LOVE TODAY'S TECHNOGLOGY
BUT HAS FOR HEARING ELVIS MUSIC, WILL I JUST LOVE HEARING THEM
ON VINYL AND TAPES, BUT I DO HAVE THEM ON CDR'S FROM MY
VINYL COLLECTION.

CURTIS SIMPKINS

VINYL ETC

Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:24 pm

Vinyl was nice, but why transfer your vinyl stuff onto CDR unless it's something not available on CD?! If you just buy the CD, you save yourself the hassle and don't get all the scratches and you don't have to keep turning the things over after every 20 minutes!!! Only a few sad club DJ's (who think they are stars) bother with vinyl these days. God knows why, it's bulky and heavy. They will NEVER issue the FTD stuff on vinyl as most people have cd players and most of the FTD releases would have to go on two records and as only a few people would buy it, it would cost too much to do and buy. Get with it, man!

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:00 pm

Vinyl is historically important and the pop culture product medium.

You will not see Elvis' cds on display at G'land - he had no cds! lol

Records are what Elvis himself purchased and played.

Many of ye already know I am a long-time supporter of vinyl being appreciated. I endorse and encourage collecting all of Elvis' RCA albums & singles in their original 331/3 and 45rpm releases. To own a mint copy of each of them is one of my collecting goals.

But as for cassette tape or 8-track tape.... that unraveling spool of crap is obsolete. I understand maybe having a back-up copy of each album/cd put on TDK 60 cassette for the car stereo or walkman but spend $ on factory-made cassette music product? Not since the 80s.

RELATED NOTE: I read a news blurb about the time capsule recently buried at the site of the imploded venue Elvis last played; they said they put in a cassette copy audience recording of Elvis' 6/26/77 Indy concert. Cassette??? Open that time capsule in 500 years, ain't nobody gonna have a cassette player ! lol

GG

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:10 pm

Peter Franks wrote:Actually, this is the link I was referring to. Your link doesn't work, unfortunately, elvis-fan. I don't think you can link directly to a cassette version, only to the general package. But there's a link to the cassette version on the page in my link (which should work). Of course, I'm sure Curtis can figure it out himself.

Hi Pete!

The link works fine from where I'm sittin'.

http://shop.samgoody.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?catid=cat000138&prodid=002285739&skuid=004068279