Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:23 pm

New information regarding the release of the two FTD soundtrack releases “It Happened At The Worlds Fair” and “Fun In Acapulco” has been added to the respective soundtrack session sections. Excellent work as usual.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:47 am

There was a post on here sometime ago about the song "How would you like to be" and the confusion of the running order of those particuler takes especially takes 4 and 2, until it turned out that there is a picture of the Tape Legend from that very session on this very website (Tape Legend #15), which clearly shows the takes running in this order as:

Tape Legend - How would you like to be

Take 1 com (pb)
Take 2 com (pb)
Take 3 lfs
Take 4 fs
Take 5 fs
Take 6 master

well it appears that the confusion continues as the normally excellent website Master & Sessions has updated there info on this session and they still have it that the take order for this song goes like this:

Master & Session - How would you like to be

Take ?
Take ?
Take 3 LFS
Take 4 com
Take NA com
Take 6 master

I Believe the pic of this Tape legend has been on this website for quite some time, so now i'm wondering how M & S have analysed this session and come to the conclusion that this is the correct running order of this session.

Maybe I have missed some information concerning this session along the way my apologies if I have.

Garry

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:30 am

garry100 wrote:I Believe the pic of this Tape legend has been on this website for quite some time, so now i'm wondering how M & S have analysed this session and come to the conclusion that this is the correct running order of this session.

Garry -

Steve Sholes primarily evaluates Presley sessions based on all available audio. One can assume that the tape is more accurate than the legend.

John -

Your topic should read "Master & Session Web site updated!"

God bless.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:35 am

Garry, he is the post you spoke of

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

I still believe that the Tape Legend order is the correct order (IMHO).

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:59 am

garry100,

I had not seen the tape log. It is definitely accurate and solves the take numbers. Will update as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:16 pm

HI Dr John

Thank you for your reply it was an oversight on my part not to have posted the topic as "Master and Sessions updated" we live and learn.

Dr John after you replied to my post, Steve Sholes of the Master and Sessions w/s posted a reply to confirm that the Tape legend thats on this site is indeed acurate and he will update his site as soon as possible.

And thank you Ray for posting the link for "How would you like to be" topic, I looked and coud'nt find it last night.

Garry

Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:21 pm

To Steve Sholes

Thank you for your reply to my post.

Garry

Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:28 am

garry100 wrote:HI Dr John

Thank you for your reply it was an oversight on my part not to have posted the topic as "Master and Sessions updated" we live and learn.

You're welcome, Garry.

The topic was posted -- and can be edited -- by "woodleyjohn."

Are you ALSO "woodleyjohn"?

Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:17 am

Dr John

You ask if i'm "Woodleyjohn"?

No I'm not.

Take care.

Garry[/quote]

Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:18 am

Dr John

You ask if i'm "Woodleyjohn"?