Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Buying obscure, out of print CDs for 1 or 2 tracks worth it?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:42 pm

It's getting to the point in my Elvis CD collecting where there are a handful of alternative takes or mixes that I can only get on out of print/obscure/international CDs that would be a pain and expensive to track down (IE: The undubbed masters of some songs on the fan-club exclusive of "Our Memories Of Elvis"). Should I go through the hassle of getting them or just wait 'till FTD eventualy re-releases the material sometiem down the line?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 pm

I guess it depends on how patient you are.

To my shame, I've paid through the nose on a number of occassions to get a track or take that for some reason I've convinced myself I can't live without.

Geoff

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:18 am

Maybe you could try trading for these in the trade section??

8)

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:24 am

If you even have to ask, the answer is probably no. It's got to really matter to you to track down some of these releases.

It takes patience, determination and obsession. And that last one is the most important. If you have that, you don't need anybody to give you the go-ahead; you're going to do it no matter what.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:22 pm

sam wrote:Maybe you could try trading for these in the trade section??

8)

That's a good idea, apart from the fact that with very few exceptions I tend to want only original CD's in my collection.

I've used CDR's as a stop gap measure, but they usually get replaced when I can find the "proper" CD.

Sad I know.

Geoff

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Don't worry about that - nothing sad in taking pride in your collection. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. You're not hurtin' anybody, and to heck with what people think - what they enjoy and do to blow off steam looks just as goofy to somebody else. :)