Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

'68 Comeback Special box set in 2008 or 2018?

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:39 am

By 2008, it will be time for the 40th (!) aniversery of the '68 Comeback Special. The "Burbank '68" CD will have been 9 years old and Tiger Man/Memories will both be 10 years old by then and probably out of print.

I know they're more likely to wait 'till the 50th Aniversery in 2018; but wouldn't either date be a good time to release a '68 Comeback Special CD box set containing all available material (including the complete June 24th reheral) in chronological order? Every rehersal, all 4 shows, all alternative takes, etc.

Yes I know almost all of the material (except for a few of the June 24th reheral songs) has been released by BMG/FTD already; but not all together in one set and in proper order...

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:20 am

I think it's safe to say that we've already received about everything that we're going to get. I'm happy with the special edition DVD's and the FTD.

If they never release anything else (providing they have something to release) I'm fine with what we already have.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:33 am

I think we're good with what we have. I'm not sure I'd buy another box set just because they put the shows IN ORDER. That's a waste of time and money for both the consumers and the producers.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:16 pm

We already have all the shows on CD. I would like a disc of the outtakes from the Western recording sessions done for the show.

That being said, I can see a box set of everything grouped together. That's just another way of selling us everything...AGAIN.

RKS

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:38 pm

RKSNashville: Would you buy it all again? I know I won't. Just curious.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:04 pm

I rarely listen to the 68 Special shows now. I really would only be interested in the Western outtakes.

Hopefully FTD will release a single disc with these so we won't have to buy a BMG box set of everything we already have just to get the Western seesion outtakes.

RKS

Re: '68 Comeback Special box set in 2008 or 2018?

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:33 pm

PaulKTF wrote:By 2008, it will be time for the 40th (!) aniversery of the '68 Comeback Special. The "Burbank '68" CD will have been 9 years old and Tiger Man/Memories will both be 10 years old by then and probably out of print.

I know they're more likely to wait 'till the 50th Aniversery in 2018; but wouldn't either date be a good time to release a '68 Comeback Special CD box set containing all available material (including the complete June 24th reheral) in chronological order? Every rehersal, all 4 shows, all alternative takes, etc.

Yes I know almost all of the material (except for a few of the June 24th reheral songs) has been released by BMG/FTD already; but not all together in one set and in proper order...

Isn't the "Memories" 2 CD Set, "Tiger Man" CD , the "Burbank 68" and not to mention the DVD Deluxe package good enough for ya ??????? Please......instead, let's focus on getting Turner to release a deluxe DVD package of TTWII and EOT instead.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Yes but I don't think we'll get EOT for awhille; if ever..

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:58 pm

moodyblue1 wrote:Isn't the "Memories" 2 CD Set, "Tiger Man" CD , the "Burbank 68" and not to mention the DVD Deluxe package good enough for ya ???????

You forgot the original NBC TV Special album.

My thoughts exactly. There's no need for further "NBC Special" releases as long as the ones mentioned are available 24/7. Instead we all should worry about the loss of more and more original albums from the main catalogue.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't think that will happen....but for sure on 2007 it will be 30 years of Elvis in Concert...and i think FTD will release somehting from june '77....maybe Rapid City :wink:

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:09 pm

I think they have a project in the making of Elvis On Tour Special Edition they are planning right now..I do believe we will get this probably on the 30th anniversary though..