Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Wings Of An Angel / The Prisoner's Song

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Shaky wrote:If we accept that Elvis swearing is not the 'huge shock' it used to be, how do people here feel about any racially offensive material seeing the light of day, the 'Wings Of An Angel / Prisoner's Song' studio jam comes to mind. Do you think this type of stuff will ever get the FTD treatment?

Unlikely.....

At the same time these are some of the things that should be left for the importers....in my opinion.

PEP 8)

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:29 pm

Doesn't the rumor also continue that she actually sought out - and succeeded in burning the tape of Elvis' cover of "Feelings" :?:
:lol:

Shaky, rest easy.
Given that the tossed-off context would surely be lost if and that somethings are better left in the can, I just don't see it.

FTD was never imagined to release every last thing, folks!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:17 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Doesn't the rumor also continue that she actually sought out - and succeeded in burning the tape of Elvis' cover of "Feelings" :?:
:lol:

Shaky, rest easy.
Given that the tossed-off context would surely be lost if and that somethings are better left in the can, I just don't see it.

FTD was never imagined to release every last thing, folks!

If the rumour is true Gregory Nolan jr may she rot in Hell :smt074 :wink: :lol:

Seriously tho, it would be a shame only because it would have been a part of History lost for ever....not that we or anyone for that matter is going to miss out on a golden opportunity of hearing a number one song from Elvis....

But it still would have been nice to have either way....and it is a shame some people do think this way...

PEP 8)

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:22 am

Re: the lost version of "Feelings"

Like I've said a lot here lately, editing is a good thing.

We're all the better for not having Elvis' take on the Morris Albert anti-classic.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:26 am

I agree

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 am

Well guys, its a song for the importers than... :twisted:

Because what the hell I'll still take it for my collection if you guys don't want it...:wink:

I may or anyone for that matter may only end up listening to it maybe once or twice and then its put it away....but it still would have been part of Elvis' history good or bad and I would take it just for that reason alone... :smt020

PEP 8)

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:17 am

Yeah I would take it for the history :D

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 am

elvispresleyfan1935 wrote:Yeah I would take it for the history :D

elvispresleyfan1935 You never know you might end up liking it :smt031 when your like 64 :roll: :wink:
PEP 8)

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:26 am

ColinB wrote:I always felt it was real.

Didn't one of the musicians record it on a cassette player ?

That explains the poor sound quality.

We can thank the self-appointed chairperson, and only member, of the Jarvis Bonfire Society for the Protection of Innocent Ears for the original not being available.

Hitler burning books was one thing..................... but this.................

Still, I guess it warmed up Felton's backyard for a few moments.

I have no doubt it is the real "E." And for that matter, his actual singing indicates that it is not a rehearsal, but a later take imo. The vocal is at least as good as the master.

I don't understand why some of us feel the x-rated language is so out of character. He was dressing like a pimp at the time, for God's sake!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:37 am

PEP wrote:Because what the hell I'll still take it for my collection if you guys don't want it...:wink:

I may or anyone for that matter may only end up listening to it maybe once or twice and then its put it away....but it still would have been part of Elvis' history good or bad and I would take it just for that reason alone... :smt020

PEP 8)

I'm with you Pep! And I could slap Felton's widow silly for burning that tape or any tape of Elvis. Matter of fact how anyone could burn any tape of Elvis talking or singing is beyond me.

And I hope you are correct that a better sounding tape of the x-rated 'Hurt' might surface.

Elvis was hurt to the extent that he did not care to live and that is sad. There is no telling what Felton had in his possession that his wife destroyed. He was a bit protective of Elvis Image but he and others just did not realize how much we really love Elvis. Our love for Elvis is UNCONDITIONAL! I can understand not wanting the general public to hear it but it is a same that the true fan has been robbed of a perfect quality version of this and many other outtakes and alternate versions. I just cringe when I think of another version of 'Just Because' or 'Satisfied' or outtakes of 'Santa Claus Is Back In Town', & 'Hound Dog'. There is no way I could have burned tapes knowing the recorded voice of Elvis Presley was on them.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:04 am

Last edited by Juan Luis on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Wings Of An Angel / The Prisoner's Song

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:56 am

PEP wrote:
Shaky wrote:If we accept that Elvis swearing is not the 'huge shock' it used to be, how do people here feel about any racially offensive material seeing the light of day, the 'Wings Of An Angel / Prisoner's Song' studio jam comes to mind. Do you think this type of stuff will ever get the FTD treatment?

Unlikely.....

At the same time these are some of the things that should be left for the importers....in my opinion.

PEP 8)

Isn't coon a refererence to raccoon in that song?

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:33 am

e had that sense of humor .
look at jan 1968 and the balls of a great big hairy coon line in the wings of an angel jam.
e cussed all the time .
it's him on the hurt outtake.
the source tape i think is david brigg's cassette.