Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

future ftd ideas.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:58 am

1968 nbc tv special western recorders sessions.
these were done before the filming started.
we don't have these on dvd. and no never issued on bootleg either.
to people who say this. we have enough 68. NO WE DON'T EITHER!!!!!!!!!
just two were on today,tomorrow box set.
also aug 13,1970 stranger in the crowd concert unedited.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:03 am

You should get together with PaulTKF. I'm sure the both of you together could come up with something interesting for future releases.

How about "one liners from the 1968 NBC Special Western Recorders Sessions?"

Wouldn't that be fun?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:00 am

no one liner albums period.
the 1968 western recorders sessions would be better than fall 1974 or omaha 1977.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:16 pm

How about rapid City '77 and December of '76 shows like Hot winter night in dallas or burning in Burmingham??

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:04 am

no shows where ep is in a.bad mood

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:32 am

and you Rob, should get together with Ger Rijff, or perhaps not, one individual arse hole is enough, 2 put together, i don't even wanna imagine

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:48 am

Western Recorders 1968.

For those wanting a DVD - it might help to know that this was a RECORDING session - not a VIDEO session - like no camers's dude :!:

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:53 am

welll carolyn, unfortunately, this is what people can be

ok, shall i be a little nicer: loser

we don't need people on this board like Rob, Ger Rijff, etc if they're going to insult people, no matter what level of expertise Ger has, he should'nt use his level of fame to advantage and push and insult people

i don't wanna argue, but i can't stand people like this. it makes me wanna explode

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:05 am

i'm not trying to be a tough guy. that was the first thing that came to my mind
i'll be truthful, i use a lot of bad language a lot of the time, even on the computer. if you don't like it, then i will try as much as i can not to use it

back to thread

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:42 pm

I have mooted this idea before..... but what about an album of studio versions of those hard to get sountrack songs...like " c'mon everybody"
or "I need somebody to lean on" or "mean woman blues" ... you know the type of track i mean ? where the movie sountrack version is totally different to the released version..... and I'm not talking about lifting them straight from the sountrack(with all background hiss) i am talking about crystal clear STUDIO quality BEFORE they were commited to celluloid.what do others think of this?

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey, what about more fifties live? I´m sure there a few more concerts from the 1956 & 1957 period, taht are not suited for the BMG main label and something especially for the hardcore fans. There have to be a few collectors sittin´on unreleased recordings and I´m sure, the Dec. 15.1956 Shreveport concert is not the only one in the vaults.

C´mon release `em, please, Ernst! :!:

I Don´t Care about sound quality if it is Elvis from the fifties! :P

O.S.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Old Shep wrote:I Don´t Care about sound quality if it is Elvis from the fifties! :P

Who would? That's what an "collector's label" is for, isn't it? At least that was my understanding of it right from the beginning.

Personally I would be interested in more rehearsals, especially those from 1969. Also, Jan. 1972, Jan. 1973 and March 1975 would be absolutely great, too. Then of course there's that Hawaii 1961 concert which would justify a FTD release hands down even in its actual shape. The EAP boxset is no longer available and for those who haven't got it, this would be an opportunity.

Should FTD ever be in the position to release DVDs I would absolutely love to have a set of movie outtakes should there ever appear any of them. I afraid that'll be a dream, though.

And of course there are those 1950ies performances which would justify a release any day. I mean, this label is releasing a meaningless compilation of "Memphis recordings" and "Special Edition" of Clambake in the meantime. Nothing against it, I actually like the movie and some of its songs. But where has that "collector's" from "collector's label" gone?

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:46 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:we don't need people on this board like Rob, Ger Rijff

I doubt it very much if Ger cares what you think. I certainly don't.

i don't wanna argue, but i can't stand people like this. it makes me wanna explode

What are you waiting for? Please explode.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:48 am

lol.. :P

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 am

Jay33 wrote:July 1973 Nashville (only time he ever played there) ...

Second -- he played one song at the Grand Ole Opry on October 2, 1954. He didn't return for an encore.

DJC

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:29 am

rob,is acting like a little kid who didn't get their way.
acting like a kid dude we'll treat you like one.
yes more rehearsals and complete tour shows besides just a best of cd or some many vegas shows.
tahoe 1971
july 1975
johnson city 1976

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:38 am

deleted
Last edited by Scott Haigh 781990EP on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:40 am

Scotty -
Don't get your panties in a wad. I think he was talking about me. Read a little more closely or have someone read it to you.

...and I'm tired of not getting my way. It's not fair! I'm gonna hold my breath until I get my way!

Darn it!

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am

guys dont you know that some people feed off of annyoing people, come on are we not here for the same reason, seems that respect everyone was saying we should show eachother not long ago has already been forgotten. :roll:
Last edited by elvis_mania54545 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am

i thought that he meant 'rob, he is' by just saying 'is' if you know what i mean

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:15 am

no crying.

why are you all slagging each other off?

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:05 pm

please , let's get back to talkin/debating elvis matters. A perfect example
is the thread "future ftd ideas" .....starts with suggestionn...then degenerates to childish name calling. I then add my sugeestion,get a cpl of decent replies, then it goes back to slagging off between previous folks!!!! Whats going on here? This is happening far too often. We have to respect other peoples opinions and realise we are never ALL going to agree All of the time. On a lighter note I think Elvis himself said it more clearly in the famous 50's interveiw when he said "that's the most childish expression I ever heard comin' from an adult"

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:19 pm

pacer -

Well, yeah, OK up to a point.

But don't let's take the fun out things.

Elvis loved to have fun, and this is an Elvis MB !