Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How about an FTD of just one-liners?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:40 am

I'd love to see an FTD of 77 minutes worth of one-liners (previously released as well as unreleased ones) from studio sessions, rehersals, and live shows. I know most of them are under a minute long, and quite a few are under 30 seconds; but it would be cool to have them all compiled on one disc.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:41 am

I've never skipped one yet. A "one liner FTD" would be the first.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:52 am

crazy goofy idea.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:54 am

ritchie valens wrote:crazy goofy idea.


So was Too Much Monkey Business but they released that! :P

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:39 am

I agree Paul that it would be an okay idea. There are several bootlegs that have done similar things. I've even thought about doing a couple cd set of all the one or two liners that have been released over so many discs.

I think a better idea may be to have a disc of the rare songs that were only sang once or twice and still include many that were only a line or two. That way it wouldn't be so hard to take listening to only snippets for 80 minutes.

jeff R

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:41 am

jeffreyjames wrote:I agree Paul that it would be an okay idea. There are several bootlegs that have done similar things. I've even thought about doing a couple cd set of all the one or two liners that have been released over so many discs.

I think a better idea may be to have a disc of the rare songs that were only sang once or twice and still include many that were only a line or two. That way it wouldn't be so hard to take listening to only snippets for 80 minutes.

jeff R


Jeff,

I like your idea better than mine. :)

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:41 am

PaulKTF wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:crazy goofy idea.


So was Too Much Monkey Business but they released that! :P



:x

.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:02 am

Perhaps as a special tribute FTD could release a CD of oneliners from this MB. Get myself, Rob, Sam, Colinb, TINC and a few others in the studio and let us read this MB outloud and respond!

For a SE release we could include an extra disk of Curtis outtakes!

I love this idea!

Re: .

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:07 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Perhaps as a special tribute FTD could release a CD of oneliners from this MB. Get myself, Rob, Sam, Colinb, TINC and a few others in the studio and let us read this MB outloud and respond!

For a SE release we could include an extra disk of Curtis outtakes!

I love this idea!


Me to.

Make sure ColinB is wearing his Jumpsuit though coz that's a laugh in itself. :lol:
His voice also sonds better when he's singing in the shower!!! ooops How do I know??? Rusty told me!!! :P

Re: .

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:10 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Perhaps as a special tribute FTD could release a CD of oneliners from this MB. Get myself, Rob, Sam, Colinb, TINC and a few others in the studio and let us read this MB outloud and respond!

For a SE release we could include an extra disk of Curtis outtakes!

I love this idea!


Show me the way, Pal. I'm all over that one.

Re: How about an FTD of just one-liners?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:14 am

PaulKTF wrote:I'd love to see an FTD of 77 minutes worth of one-liners (previously released as well as unreleased ones) from studio sessions, rehersals, and live shows. I know most of them are under a minute long, and quite a few are under 30 seconds; but it would be cool to have them all compiled on one disc.


Sorry PaulKTF I for One wouldn't be for it......

I would much rather have the FTD label continue
their efforts in finding and working with material
we have not yet heard.....in any form.....

That to me is more the reason why the FTD label
had been formed....in the first place.

Having snippets of just studio talking or live talking
we already have access too is a project
You or Anyone could make the effort to do
for your own enjoyment.......

It wouldn't be hard to do....

The "Having Fun on Stage with ELVIS" Album which was originally
released by Boxcar and eventually released through
RCA for a wider audience to hear was at the time interesting
to listen too once or twice.....
Image
However when the importers took it upon themselves to continue the series
Image
I personally found it really hard to take the time to go through any of them......even once.

Having us listen to Elvis studio chatter over Elvis live Chatter,
I doubt would make the experience any better.....

Ernst and his group I feel have much more important
things to do with the label in my opinion......

I personally hope they feel the same ! :wink:

PEP 8)

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:47 am

I don't think Paul meant talking in between songs. I think he meant one-liners from songs.
Is this correct Paul? That's what I thought you meant.

jeff R

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:00 am

I'm sure that's what he meant as well, but I still couldn't listen to an hour of that on a CD.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:11 am

jeffreyjames wrote:I don't think Paul meant talking in between songs. I think he meant one-liners from songs.
Is this correct Paul? That's what I thought you meant.

jeff R


Hi jeff, I re read his post, and from what I get out of it, it does seem as tho he is suggesting FTD put together another talking album........and its if that's the case, sorry I think the FTD label has bigger fish to fry in my opinion......

Anybody who wants to put in the effort to make that type of CD could do it for themselves if they wanted too.....like I already suggested....

At the same time even if it were material of One Liner material we have not heard before I would much rather have the FTD label release those type of snippets when they actually happened meaning before the song during the song or after the song to help understand why the one liner even came about in the first place......

I think Dear Georgie would be alot happer if it were done that way.... :wink: :lol: :smt038 :smt023

PEP 8)

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:06 am

The idea of a CD with one-liners was suggested to Ernst years ago and he had a good laugh about it and nixed the idea.
It seems the royalties for the composer(s) is the same, no matter how long (or in this case how short) the song is. If it is credited on the CD/inlay the composer has to be paid.
So forget the release of "250 songs Elvis did not really sing".

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 am

Sam wrote:
Make sure ColinB is wearing his Jumpsuit though coz that's a laugh in itself.
His voice also sonds better when he's singing in the shower!!!


Actually, I wear the jumpsuit in the shower.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:22 pm

ColinB wrote:Sam wrote:
Make sure ColinB is wearing his Jumpsuit though coz that's a laugh in itself.
His voice also sonds better when he's singing in the shower!!!


Actually, I wear the jumpsuit in the shower.


Yes I heard that's how you guys do your washing (Laundry) over there.

:wink:

Steptoe and Son comes to mind!!! :lol:

:P

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:43 pm

With todays technology perhaps they could remove the backing tracks from all the one liners leaving just Elvis' vocals. The words could then be reconfigured to create new songs. A new backing track could be added by an all-star band and mastered by Kevan Budd. As they are essentially 'new' songs they could be released on the mainstream label with a full colour booklet and a 'making of' DVD.

How about it Ernst??? :wink:

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:57 pm

I......actually like the Guitar Man album and therefore Too Much Monkey Business.

And there's no ways about it....I would hate to see a CD of one liners be it talking, joking or just songs snippets releases on a single disc. I'd rather buy the Elvis duck. :twisted:

Re: How about an FTD of just one-liners?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 pm

PaulKTF wrote:I'd love to see an FTD of 77 minutes worth of one-liners (previously released as well as unreleased ones) from studio sessions, rehersals, and live shows. I know most of them are under a minute long, and quite a few are under 30 seconds; but it would be cool to have them all compiled on one disc.

Bearing in mind the way FTD has taken over the last couple of years this could indeed be an option ...

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Or - how about a cd of unreleased false starts or long false starts :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:32 pm

How about a CD of just Elvis laughing.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Matthew wrote:How about a CD of just Elvis laughing.


Or his pauses between sentences.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:17 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:I don't think Paul meant talking in between songs. I think he meant one-liners from songs.
Is this correct Paul? That's what I thought you meant.

jeff R


Jeff,

You're right- I meant when Elvis would sing a line or more of a song in between "proper" studio takes (and sometimes the band would join in).

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:12 pm

it's just too crazy idea! :shock: