Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

When FTD releases incomplete shows...

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:04 pm

When FTD releases a show where the last few songs are missing; wouldn't it be better to re-add those missing songs from an audience recording rather than add soundboard songs from an entierly difference concert? Yes the difference in quality would be noticable but I'd much rather have a "real" complete show- I think it would be a fair tradeoff...

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:06 pm

I disagree...audience recordings should only in my opinion be used to feature a live performance of a song otherwise unavailable...or a performance like his last ever concert for example.

Jumping from one soundscape drastically to an audience recording would ruin the experience for me.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:08 pm

If there were a great performance missing, then maybe! But, if it was one of those leightweight performances of Hound Dog a.o., then no!
I'm acatually more for the idea of Southern Nights, which highlights the best performances of a spesific tour. I tend to skip the rushed performances of his oldies.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:09 pm

Matthew wrote:I disagree...audience recordings should only in my opinion be used to feature a live performance of a song otherwise unavailable...or a performance like his last ever concert for example.

Jumping from one soundscape drastically to an audience recording would ruin the experience for me.

I absolutely understand what you mean, and I'm not saying I'd be happy with such a drastic change in terms of the jaring experience, but I'd tolerate it if it meant getting the whole show.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:13 pm

bajo wrote:If there were a great performance missing, then maybe! But, if it was one of those leightweight performances of Hound Dog a.o., then no!
I'm acatually more for the idea of Southern Nights, which highlights the best performances of a spesific tour. I tend to skip the rushed performances of his oldies.

I agree 100%- We do not need one more rushed oldie performance anywhere! :)

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm probably the minority on this, but if the show is incomplete, then leave it that way. I don't like putting songs in from a totally different show to make it seem like a complete concert. A few bonus songs at the end is fine, but don't mix them with songs from the featured show on the CD.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 am

What if there is no audience recording known to exist for a particular show? For the ones that do exist, they're almost all out on CD-R by now I'd imagine.

Axe