Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Paul's Elvis???

Post by rickeap »

RENOWNED Elvis Presley impersonator Paul Sweeney and his band the Memphis Mafia return to West Leagues Club this weekend to present the annual charity fundraiser.
This year's event will aid the Omar Benefit Fund which has been set up to help the family of Shariff Aganovic, who died from cancer last year.
Each event has attracted plenty of support over the years, with hundreds turning out to the charity performances.
After a reshuffle of the Memphis Mafia, the show is back bigger and better.
The Memphis Mafia is headed by Sweeney, who is widely regarded as one of the country's best Presley performers, and also includes Briony Price (backing vocals), Dimmy Foy (backing vocals), Jason Price (keys), Scotty Grice (guitar), Des Piper (bass) and Frank Griffiths (drums).
Audiences will shake, rattle and roll their way through musical memories on Saturday night as Sweeney leads his band through a set of the King's greatest hits.
Price said it promises to be an unforgettable event, with its lavish costumes and dancing girls.
"You will have the night of your life as this cabaret act unfolds," Price said.
Tickets are selling fast and bookings can be made on 4935 1300. A few tickets will also be reserved for sale at the door on the night.

TCBDon1977
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by TCBDon1977 »

Is this off topic? This is irrelevant nonsense. If you can't think of a relevant topic, don't post.

Don

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

actually, there is a member on this website under that name, so this relevant in a way

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

Blue-Gypsy
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

Not only is he a member but he contibutes to one of the more popular sections of this site. Candid Central. He works very hard to provide us with new photo's on a weekly basis.

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

Topic author
rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by rickeap »

Hi there.
didn't mean to be offensive or off-topic, but I thought regular posters here would recognise the name Paul Sweeney thanks to his fantastic photo site and contribution to this forum. I have no comment on the impersonator with the same name, except to say the post was from an Australian news wire service.
As I work at a newspaper I thought I'd taken advantage of my access to news material to post some items, such as the G Dubya presidential visit.
Rick

Blue-Gypsy
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

No problem. Keep up the good work!

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Paul posts wonderful pics and contributes a lot for the site.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."