Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

3.2.74 M/S or 8.2.74 D/S as the MAIN show??

3.2.74 M/S
69%
8.2.74 D/S
31%

Total votes : 13

July FTD :-Ernst Please Release Me!

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:30 am

I suggest either release the 3.2.74 M/S or 8.2.74 D/S as a complete whole show from this Jan/Feb 74 season(because these shows contain the full version of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face) so main show might be say :- Las Vegas, NV February 3rd M/S Audio
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Trying To Get To You; Sweet Caroline; Love Me Tender; Johnny B.Goode; Hound Dog; Fever; Polk Salad Annie; Killing Me Softly (Voice); Spanish Eyes; Why Me Lord; Suspicious Minds; Introductions; I Can't Stop Loving You; Help Me; American Trilogy; Let Me Be There; First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Can't Help Falling In Love + Bonus tracks:-
28.1.74 D/S:-My Baby Left Me; You've Lost That Loving Feeling; Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin'/Mama Don't Dance/Flip Flop & Fly/Jailhouse Rock/Hound Dog
Release Me-5.2.74 M/S :- Blueberry Hill/I Can't Stop Loving You-6.2.74 M/S :-When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again/Elvis talk about ON TOUR -9.2.74 D/S :-The Most Beautiful Girl in The World- 27.1.74 10pm... hoping Ernst takes on board this suggestion, although(of cource) BEST SOUND QUALITY) should be the deciding factor and(of cource) this way we'll get more than just Elvis's talking heard on the 1974 Having Fun onstage with Elvis album cheers!
:roll: :lol: :shock:

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:59 am

Do we know for sure that the shows you've mentioned are available?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:05 am

Rob ALL shows have been listed as 'available' in Tunzi's sessions for YEARS.. don't forget Spoken parts of many exist ALREADY on the 1974 album 'having fun on stage with Elvis', it's up to Ernst to select the best sounding material from what's available! mine is simply a suggestion based upon the 2 Tunzi session book lists. :roll:

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:09 am

That was 31 years ago. Still makes me wonder if Ernst still has them now. He obviously has one anyway.
Last edited by Rob on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:35 am

I'm really looking forward to this one. Don't mind which particular show, but I'm really excited about hearing a show from this season. Reviews I've read have been positive, and Elvis, still fresh from his hospital stay and successful recording session, is said to be in good voice, giving some good shows.

Bring it on!

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:38 am

for me the interesting thing is this:- several shows from this season were indeed represented with some dialogue on the Boxcar 1974 release 'Having fun on stage with Elvis' and it will be MOST INTERESTING to hear what show(s) one can recognize compared to that release! as i say plenty of dialogue from several shows already soundboard released 32 years ago!! :oops:

july

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:31 pm

... Dear friends of the Gladiator Belt Circle : because certain tapes were at hand in 74, is no guarantee they are still around!... Many, Many concerts are not in Ernst his hands. No matter what the Toonz claims !

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Release any concert from this tour and I will be glad to check it out.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Looking forward to this one! If they're going to release the show you're talking about, YDKM, I hope they won't cut out "Killing Me Softly". We want the complete show, right? But it seems like Sony BMG has a policy that says you can't include songs by other artists on an Elvis CD so perhaps Ernst has to leave it out. :cry:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:15 pm

FINALLY...a show from Feb 74 :D

I do hope they are able to provide the 74 versions of You've Lost That Loving Feeling, Sweet Caroline, and First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

Thanks Ernst for going to this Las Vegas season!!!!!!!!! :D

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:38 pm

Big Boss Man: Great avatar. That's one of my favorite jumpsuits.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:53 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Big Boss Man: Great avatar. That's one of my favorite jumpsuits.

I liked the Charlie Hodge avatar. :)

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:57 pm

Has this been announced as an upcoming FTD?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 pm

:o the track-listing hasn't been announced which is why i started this thread and poll. i also forgot to mention that Elvis gives us a 1 liner of the lords prayer after I GOT A WOMAN at the 9.2.74 D/S ...which gives even more interest in that particular show! :lol: I cannot imagine after boxcar compiled that 'having fun on stage with Elvis' in August 74 that the tapes were 'thrown away'-more likely filed away in boxes..bring out the boxes Ernst and compile the BEST possible FTD release from January /February 1974! :roll:

july

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:16 pm

... "Thrown away" ? I never said that... Its more likely they escaped, and are in the hands of private collectors... Back in 74 they had little to no value for RCA... After compiling Having Fun, they might have been taken out by engineers as souvenirs... Or maybe people at the Colonels office had a little bizniz on the side ? Whatever! Its a fact, many concerts are missing. But dreamers [ nothing wrong with that] will believe what Joe has to say...

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:22 pm

:shock: Interesting points Ger..... i await this FTD because i have been asking for this season to be 'represented' for YEARS! and when it IS it will be interesting to see what with and especially regards to sound quality etc... :roll:

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:03 am

Pete Dube wrote:Has this been announced as an upcoming FTD?

Yes, for July if I'm not mistaken.

WORST SEASON

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:23 pm

Jan and Feb '74 was definitely Elvis' most uninspired season. The set list was practically the same EVERY SINGLE show and not even the opening or closing shows were longer than 55 minutes! There are no surprises during the whole engagement, except for a one off "My baby left me". He even WENT BACK to including "You've lost that lovin' feelin" and "Sweet Caroline" from years previous!! It was obvious he was not up to the "challenge" of trying out much new material. There is the odd 1 liner, but these are microscopic and hardly worth mentioning. I live in hope that there may be a show or two I havn't heard from this season that may be a bit more varied, but I've heard around half of the shows and they're ALL THE SAME!
Having said that, I am glad it is being represented on FTD for completist purposes, and it will be nice to have, but I would be surprised if I play this one more than once.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:30 am

YDKM wrote:... don't forget Spoken parts of many exist ALREADY on the 1974 album 'having fun on stage with Elvis' ...

Actually, of the 1974 bits I can discern, they're culled from the June 15 - July 2 summer tour, not Jan / Feb in Vegas.

DJC

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:24 am

Up to now we've only had one live rendition of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" released Officially on the 'Closing Night CD from FTD. On that version Elvis sings the "Extra" verse he didn't sing on the Studio version ("The first time ever I laid with you").

At certain Dinner Shows, when Elvis knew Lisa Marie was in the audience (five occasions that I know of), he would change that line of the song to "The first time ever I held you close" and this was the case with the February 8 1974 Dinner Show, so I'm all for that show being released on Soundboard.

Just another little "Unknown" rarity :wink:

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:42 am

:lol: Thanks for your valid comments Kieth & Dr.Carpenter! yes maybe most dialogue used from 74' on the talking album only DOES come from that 3rd tour, but maybe something WAS used from Vegas...as it's quite difficult to tell! 8)