Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

movie soundtracks diserves a box set....!!!!

Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:17 pm

yes....!!!
a four cd box set whith the BEST movie soundtracks.......
this could be deffinitive and give the movie songs the importance it diserves.
I think this could be the tracklisting and for sure can change all those "bad opinions" against this elvis period.

CD 1:
tonight it's all right for love
frankfort special
GI blues
shoppin' around
blue suede shoes
flaming star
lonely man
wild in the country
blue hawaii
no more
can't help falling in love
rock a hula baby
beach boy blues
hawaiian wedding song
follow that dream
what a wonderful life
king of the whole wild world
this is living
girls girls girls
I don't want to be tied
return to sender
beause of love
thanks to the rolling sea
we're comin loaded

CD 2:
Beyond the bend
relax
one broken heart for sale
fun in acapulco
I think i'm gonna like it here
bossanova baby
you can't say no in acapulco
kissin' cousins
catchin' on fast
anyone
barefoot ballad
once is enough
viva las vegas
if you think i don't need you
i need somebody to lean on
what'd I say
today, tomorrow and forever
c'mon everybody
Roustabout
little egypt
hard knocks
big love big heartache
one track heart
wheels on my heels

CD 3:
girl happy
spring fever
cross my heart and hope to die
the meanest girl in town
I've got to find my baby
harem holiday
kismet
hey little girl
so close yet so far
frankie and jhonny
what every woman lives for
beginners luck
hard luck
please don't stop loving me
paradise hawaiian style
a dog's life
house of sand
stop look and listen
all that I am
am I ready
spinout
I'll be back
easy come easy goes
the love machine

CD 4:
double trouble
baby if you give me all your love
long legged girl
city by night
there is so much world to see
you don't know me
the girl i never loved
how can you loose, what you never had
stay away
speedway
let yourself go
goin' home
a little less conversation
almost in love
wonderful world
night life
all i needed was the rain
she's a machine
charro
clean up you own backyard
swing down sweet chariot
let's forget about the stars
change of habit
let us pray
let's be friends

Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:12 pm

Not to bust ale's chops but "wheels on my heels", "we're comin in loaded", and "the love machine" would not help Elvis in any form. I would veto the box and stick with a full 2 c.d. set of his "best" movie songs from the 60's, but since duplication is what we're trying to avoid, i'd prefer the "up-coming" FTD soundtrack reissues, (which aren't available to the general public but that's a whole other topic).

Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:30 pm

In reply to your heading: eh...not! :lol:

Eivind

Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:46 pm

didn't we basically get a taste of this with Command Performances??

what about
http://www.worldwideelvis.com/BMGUSCDS.HTM

scroll down

Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:33 am

Why limit a film box set to the 60's? They already did that with "Command Performance:Essential 60's Masters 2".
I would think if they were to do a 3 or 4 cd box set on film music, it should include ALL his films. I think a 2 or 3 cd set would be enough, 4 would be overkill for the casual fan. They could put 100 or, close to that, songs on a 3 cd set or close to 70 on a 2 cd set. It must include the 50's!
I think with enough push, it would sell okay. But, it has to be a set that would be sold through stores and TV ads.

jeff R

Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:06 am

You know I must say, that when Command Performances came out I felt BURNED!!! I really thought they were be a nice set of all soundtracks with bonus tracks. THen I got burned again with the 70's getting the shaft...oh well, it looks like with FTD they are rectifying the problem. Pitty I will have to end up paying 200 bucks for something that could have been on TWO box sets!!

Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:33 am

I don't know if there would be much demand for such a 4cd box set now, but I sure wish they'd released a 4 disc box with the above a track list (I have only a few minor selection quibbles) rather than Command Perf's II, a set that seemed designed to satisfy absolutely no one at all.

I never planned on getting all the Double Features, but as CPII was too little and too much at the same time, I eventually chased all the DF's down to compile my own set.

Maybe that's the only way for most of us to be satisfied with the movie material and 70's stuff, is to make our own compilations.

Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:14 am

I also think that "Command Performances" could've been a better release. A lot of my favorite songs didn't make it. Look at "VLV" - how could they leave off "C'mon Everybody" ?? I LOVE that song!

Also - songs like "King Of The Whole Wide World" was not the full version.

I definately would like to see a 4 CD set - but I would be surprised if it ever happened.

Rich

Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:11 am

The mere mention of Command Performances II makes me irritable! How the hell could they omit such decent tunes as Home Is Where The Heart Is; I Need Someone To Lean On; Tender Feeling; Stay Away; Almost; and include such junk as Marguerita; One Boy, Two Little Girls; Harem Holiday; Hawaii U.S.A.; and some of the other rinky-dink movie title songs? Ernst & Roger were definitely off their game for this release! :x

Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:19 pm

I hear what you're saying John. I'm fond of "Fool"; "Take Good Care Of Her"; "Find Out What's Happenin'"; and "Solitaire", and those songs aren't very highly regarded. But my point is still valid, the song selection on Command Performances II for the years 64-67 left alot to be desired. Granted those were the worst years for movie material, but there was still a number of songs from those years that would've been better selections. The set starts out and finishes pretty well, but it's like Ernst & Roger got to 64-67, and said "let's just take whatever was the single from the movie, and the title song."

Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:34 am

Yes, there has to be a box set of the movie years, but it has to be done right. I am thinking a 4 cd set, but not the masters. No! All alternate versions just like the other box sets that we have been getting lately. Title "Elvis Presley, Movie Star". 100 alternate takes. Comes with a 4 color cover and book with stories of his movies. Of any other genre of elvis' music, outtakes of the movie years we have the most to choose from. This could be an awsome release if done correctly. I would buy it in a minute! His movies, part of pop culture, and a movie genre all their own, are still enjoyed by today's generation, because they are fun and entertaining.