Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Which Video?

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:02 pm

Hey everyone, I've only posted here a couple of times but I really enjoy everyone's expertise on Elvis. I am getting divorced(who knows how long it takes-been since April 06 with no end in sight). I ran into an old girlfriend who I haven't seen in 26 years since we were in Jr. High. We dated in Jr. High, broke up, and the dated again in high school in the late 70's. We've been going out some and she's been over to my house for dinner. I told her that I was a big Elvis fan, which she kinda got a kick out of. My question is what video should I show her to prove just how cool Elvis really was. So many people today think of the Elvis before he passed. I thought of showing her one of these:

Mystery Train/Tiger Man TTIS (One of my Favorites cranked way up)
Trouble
Mean Woman Blues
Baby I Don't Care
Return To Sender
Ready Teddy

What do you think? Thanks, Mike in WV

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Baby I DonĀ“t Care is a good start.

I would also recommend Polk Salad Annie from TTWII original.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:05 pm

Hello Mike.

I am sure most of the people on here are going to be flattered reading you compliment regarding expertise. I think it is wonderful that your HS sweetheart and you are dating again. You have already made some excellent video choices. I always let people watch TTWII, SE. Anyone daring to come back and tell me that Elvis isn't da man, gets a punch on the nose. Being a gal I can tell you that my jaw dropped down to the floor when I first saw film of "If I Can Dream" (1968). I guess all I am trying to say is maybe she would like a ballad better. To us ladies Elvis is "cool", even though we use other terms.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:26 pm

TTWII SE is a fine film to show to anyone who cares for music.

I personally use Paris Hilton tapes to get my date in the mood. :oops:

video

Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Baby What Do You Want Me To Do....stand up '68 comeback special, with the cool guitar solo! Have fun. :)

Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 am

Even girlfriends I've had who've hated Elvis music have always loved how he looked in either the 68 special, or TTWII.

To some tastes, the 50's stuff is a little too dated, or quirky, whereas all the girls seem to love either the way he looks in leather, or the music in TTWII, and the way he looks in that film too. How's about suspicious minds from the original TTWII - make sure you point out when he's going to scream at the Sweets!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:55 am

Thanks everyone. Here's what happened tonight. She came over and I told her that if we were going to be seeing each other then you better get used to Elvis. I went with Mystery Train/Tiger Man from TTIS. She said "My God was he a good looking man." After that song I told her that we could watch something else and she said no to leave it on. She was impressed...which is really a plus for our relationship. Thanks for the input. If I need any more help I'll ask! Next up is the Aloha Special. I really like that one, especially the ballads. The older I get the more and more I just love listening to his slower songs. What a voice!

Mike in WV

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:26 pm

I love to watch Elvis sings this song Baby What Do You Want Me To Do and play the guitar and play the guitar.. :) :)