Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:53 am

Jay33 wrote:
So why don't Graceland try this?

Economics

It simply doesn't make good business sense to put that sort of effort and financial commitment into something that will have such limited appeal and limited sales potential. As much as some fans would like to have all this material in pristine and revamped quality, it will not happen.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:32 am

The VHS was released through fan club members only back in 1982. It was only on the market for a very short time before Priscilla had it pulled.

Not before I got mine though.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:34 am

i never knew that Rob, thanks for that

there is a version at 'Jordans Elvis world' which claims to be crystal clear. its one hell of a download for 56 k tho, so i'm not gonna try yet

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:50 pm

No, just release it on DVD 5.1 sound. No problem. When you like it buy it and when you don't just don't buy it; it's simple. I don't care about the reactions of the press or "Elvis haters". Some critics say that Elvis was fat during the Aloha show, so.....what the heck. Just release it; it was the last time Elvis was filmed during his concerts. Do you really think it could damage his image ? No way.....His voice was good, that's what matters !!

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:48 pm

EPE will agree to release "Elvis In Concert", but I guess we have to wait until nothing else is left.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:52 pm

i agree, once all of this the other stuff is released like TTWII outtakes and Elvis On Tour boxsets they will be nothing left and I beleive they will release it but not no time soon unfortunately

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:51 am

Do you guys belive EPE has much footage left in their vault?

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:56 am

I think they do but also MGM and Turner Classics

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:30 am

I watched EIC on CBS when it first aired in '77 and I cried. I'm not saying it shouldn't be released in some form for those who want it, but I'm not interested.

Don't kid yourselves. If it's released the Elvis detractors in the media will have their copies.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Well, I think us fans should have this and they should release it but I do understand how think it would hurt his image but thats old news about 30 years old lol...just release it already.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:55 am

EPE will NOT release EIC. Portions will probably trickle out in certain projects, but a comprehensive deluxe edition of EIC is pure fantasy.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:19 am

EPE already has said they have no entensions of releasing it anytime soon. I prefer they don't release it. I have the original specialthrough a guy I know and it's too sad to see. He's bloated and looks bad. This subject has been talked about before and it's like beating a dead horse.

Nothing personal Jay. :wink:

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:49 am

i've seen it...::cough:: "gotten" it...and i personally find its gems worth the weight of the "getting".

unchained melody
i really don't want to know
tryin' to get to you
my way
hurt
are you lonesome tonight? (ja, the joking version)
etc...

all are very enjoyable performances.

if they included all the performances that were left out of the original tv special (the editor made the special look like a total hack job to MAKE elvis look worse, because the focus was too heavy on the quicky 50s FILLER--it was MEANT as filler, and they should have been the first songs left out in the broadcast)...if they had aired the creme of the crop, the memory of elvis wouldn't have been nearly so tarnished.

i blame the editor, because seeing the outtakes, i know i could edit together a better special.

Re: ELVIS IN CONCERT-Would this work?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:37 am

Jay33 wrote:What if EPE released a DVD of the best of the concert footage to comemmorate the Elvis In Concert TV Special and the 30th Anniversary but release it thru their website ONLY???

No.

DJC