Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ebay becoming a disgraceland for Elvis CDs?

Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:43 am

I was browsing through the Elvis listings on ebay and was shocked to find the number or ripoff artists selling Elvis Imports and even FTD cds as remastered or Elvis Sings or backing tracks cds.
When they are clearly visbile as ink jet label cdrs in the picture
one seller even says in his discription that these are duplicates from his CDR collection which I guess is better!
Why the HELL arent ebay stopping this practice ??
Yes okay money right! but many unsuspecting fans are getting shafted here buying cdrs or up to $20 dollars
Incidently I have a friend who was kicked off ebay for selling an original non cdr elvis import
Yet one famous seller from the Jersey Islands I think his title is something 1935 to 1977 lists a rack of orginal elvis cds every week and never gets pulled
Is there something on the Island of Jersey that scares Ebay I wonder
is that were Bin Laden and Hussien are hiding
perhaps they are now selling imports from there (grin)
Country leaders one day Elvis import selller the next
thats life I guess

Love me Tender

Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:49 am

I believe it is okay to sell bootlegs on Ebay if you live outside the USA.
Seems strange but I think that is the way it is.

jeff R

Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:03 am

I THINK THAT EPE NEEDS TO STOP THESE PEOPLE DOING
STUFF LIKE THIS, SO FAR THERE STOPING PEOPLE
HAVEING FREE MUSIC DOWNLOADS ON SOME SITE'S

SO THEY NEED TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT THIS.
IMO

CURTIS SIMPKINS

Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:21 am

For God sake Crutis, for a lot of people this is the only access they have to this area of collecting. What illiterate manner of senseless killjoy are you?

And by the way, pressing caps lock on the left hand side of your keyboard will stop you from being a shouting illiterate.

Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:54 pm

I happen to live on the even smaller island of Guernsey next door to Jersey & eBay is my only avenue to increasing my CD collection. Through buying off eBay I've made a number of contacts/friends & have managed to find some great CD's along the way. Out of over 500 transactions both selling & buying I have only been stung once (don't buy from Christophe/babyarthur1 from France) which is not bad odds by any standards!