Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

How could this happen?

Post by Jim Dandy »

How does one go from this http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=100672104wg.jpg to this http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21037645bl.jpg and so publicly?

I was told by my GP that many people who poison themselves with the type of pharmaceuticals Elvis took often have a very clouded perception of their self image. In otherwords they see what they want to in the mirror rather than their true reflection. This is very hard for me to come to terms with, logically speaking. And I also find it difficult to understand with Elvis because I have an expectation that he always cared for his appearance.

How could he not care and allow himself to get to this point in Spring/Summer 1976? Was it a subconscious cry for help, was he too drugged to care? Did he take pills to cope with his appearance and perform? I reckon this is one of the hardest unanswered questions fans will always ponder. What a waste and I agree, untimately Elvis is to blame.

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

Kylan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Kylan »

dude, give it a rest! im so friggin tired of people shitting on Elvis around here!!!

it gets realllll OLD!

Swede Boy
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

hi

Post by Swede Boy »

It is pretty sad, although as Elvis fans we shouldn't sh*t on him all the time. What Elvis should have done was to have gone to a drug re-hab center, his friends asked him to go even Priscilla asked him to go(after the divorce they managed to get along and by the end they talked to each other on the phone a lot.) But he was in the public eye he thought it would have looked bad for his image. It's the same way for any public job, some politicians, Ministers(preachers) etc. That was also one of the reasons he freaked when he read Elvis:What Happened?

Topic author
Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Jim Dandy »

I'm not taking the piss out of EP. I simply find it difficult to comprehend what happened to Elvis (or hadn't you noticed, Kylan?).

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

KHoots
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KHoots »

Gotta agree with Kylan here. I know we'll revisit topics from time to time, but this one seems to have been getting an inordinate amount of space lately.