Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ChrisM
Registered for: 21 years

New R2 DVD Edition of 'Wild in the Country'

Post by ChrisM »

'Wild in the Country' will be released as part of Fox's 'Studio Classics' series on R2 DVD on 13 March. No word on any extras, but it looks unlikely. Here is the artwork.

Over to you, ColinB......

Chris

Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Deke Rivers II »

I hope this time they restore the cuts that were made to this film..........LOL....

Chris, thanks for bringing this information to our attention. I like the cover to this one better than the one we have. Seriously, I would appreciate the original ending to be included as a bonus; surely it exists somewhere as it was shown to test audiences.

Any word on other SE releases...especially ones that have not seen a dvd release yet.

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

i don't like the cover art. its the same goofy happy go lucky Elvis the public is too used to. Elvis did a DRAMATIC acting role except for the song 'i slipped, i stumbled, i fell', i think, not the GI blues, blue hawaii stuff. put a serious picture on the cover art, not like the one in those goofy musicals

Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Deke Rivers II »

Scott, I agree with you that one could be done much better than this but it is still an improvement over the one that we have right now if only because it is similar to the original one sheet. (IMHO)

Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

All the studio classic series releases use original artwork on the cover, so it's a logical choice.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Chris M wrote:
Well, just for the record, I haven't noticed any other cuts in Elvis films.

A new issue of 'Wild In The Country' is welcome, even though we had quite a good transfer on DVD a short while back.

Let's hope for some 'extras' !

Be nice to have the original ending [from the pre-release screenings] as an extra on this one.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

ColinB wrote:Chris M wrote:
A new issue of 'Wild In The Country' is welcome, even though we had quite a good transfer on DVD a short while back.

Let's hope for some 'extras' !
RRP is £12.99, i.e. a 'Budget' release. Hence, it is almost certainly the same transfer with no new extras. 'Love Me Tender' is already available in this series, and there was nothing new except for the packaging.

Chris