Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Clothes from the movies!

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:37 pm

Hello friends
I wonder if the clothes that Elvis was wearin in his movies was actually his own, or not ?
If not, is he kept them ?
i really like how he was dressed in his movies like: VIVA LAS VEGAS, GIRL HAPPY, SPINOUT , DOUBLE TROUBLE, IT HAPPENED..., SPEEDWAY and LIVE A LITTLE LOVE A LITTLE...
What do you think friends?
Sincerely
LIOR :D

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:48 pm

As far as I know Elvis's clothes were provided by the film company. Colonel once demanded some ridicolus price from Hal Wallis when Elvis was wearing his own watch in a scene in Blue Hawaii. Wallis had Elvis remove the watch. Some of Elvis's movie clothes are in Graceland. I remember seeing the Kid Galahad robe there. In most part I don't think Elvis got the costumes for himself.
Last edited by Marko on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:54 pm

the kid galahad robe & shorts, the orange viva las vegas mechanic suit, etc...are things i recall seeing.

the blue hawaii car is also there, and elvis did in fact own it.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:14 pm

The Charro suit was there in March, and the Viva 'Lady Loves Me' jacket, and the Speedway jacket he sung 'Uncle' in.

I wonder where the Teddy Bear outfit is these days? and I wonder if the Jailhouse Rock production number outfit still exists?

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Yes i remember when i was in GRACELAND on 2002 and 2003 i saw the Grey\silver jacket from : VIVA LAS VEGAS when he sang: "the lady loves me"and the dark blue jacek from SPEEDWAY when he sang: HES YOUR UNCLE, NOT YOUR DAD. also there were the burgandy jacket from SPINOUT (ill be back) , blazer from LIVE A LITTLE...and the IF I CAN DREAM white outfit , black leather suite and more jumpsuites from 70'-77' .
but where the other stuff? : Yellow blazer from GIRL HAPPY, red and light blue sports jackets with the strips from SPEEDWAY, ACAPULCO outfit of EL-TORO, JACKETS from DOUBLE TROUBLE , white jeans jacket from KISSIN COUSINS, outfits from TICKLE ME and more ....???
just curious..... :D
Thanks friends
LIOR

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:10 pm

I do recall seeing him wear his own wardrobe ( jackets) in Loving you & Jailhouse Rock.. The Plad-jacket seen in Ly is the same he worn while getting inducted into the army..
also seen photos of Red wearing the jacket from JR..and Nick Adams and others wearing his clothes
Later Elton ^j^

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:55 pm

GIRL HAPPY BOY wrote:but where the other stuff? : Yellow blazer from GIRL HAPPY

The yellow blazer is owned by a private collector. I saw it last summer on display in Finland. The same collection has been in Liverpool and Amsterdam.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Thank MARKO
Wow , i wish i have this blazer, i like it!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:31 am

oh yeah, i also remember seeing the charro outfit, too.

i actually spent half my time with the clothes during the tour.

i saw part of the purple jacket with the black x-ing down the front that elvis rehearses in in elvis on tour. the sleeves appear to have been cut off...

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 pm

A member called (deleted - see guidelines #9) posted pics here a while back of his collection. Among the items as I recall were the white jacket and pants from Kissin Cousins and one of the Speedway jackets. There may also have been something rom GI Blues, I cant remember. The thread will still be around i'm sure if you want to look it up.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:38 pm

Marko wrote:
GIRL HAPPY BOY wrote:but where the other stuff? : Yellow blazer from GIRL HAPPY

The yellow blazer is owned by a private collector. I saw it last summer on display in Finland. The same collection has been in Liverpool and Amsterdam.

Am I the only one who thinks that jacket is not the same one Elvis wore?

Axe

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:15 am

It doesn't look the same as the one he is wearing in the smaller photo.If you zoom in on it the collar on the jacket Elvis is wearing looks a bit wider than the one in the case.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:02 am

You are not alone Axe'.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:40 am

Indeed. The club membership is growing.