Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Questions on some bootleg vinyl which I just purchased

Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:46 am

I just got in copies of the following Elvis bootlegs on vinyl:

The Elvis Presley Seance (Shadow Records 101)
Good Rockin' Tonight (Bobcat 101)
Viva Las Vegas (Lucky 711)
Susie Q (Astra 103)
Vegas Fever (Graceland Records 3137-8)

All albums and jackets are in near mint condition.
If anyone has any info or is interested in any of these, please let me know.
Thanks.

jeff R

Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:28 am

Go to http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/hotel/1116/index.htm for information about this type of releases like what's on them and where it's from.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:53 pm

Thanks for the link. I went there and my Norton told me it was dagerous to open any pages so I left.
Anyone else have and help for me on this posting?
Thanks.

jeff R

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:09 pm

One always gets a warning that opening this type of page might be dangerous. However, I can assure you that opening this page is safe.

Meantime I got compliments from people who visited the page.
I assume they had no problems. I checked it myself and no problem.

If you want I can send it through e-mail but that takes some time and especially if you have to pay download time can spice up your phonebill.
But if you have broadband or adsl just send me an e-mail.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:54 pm

I think the original poster has been around here long enough to know this would be more appropriately placed in the Trade Center.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:14 pm

I remember the séance album being sold in the UK in the late 70’s. I don’t know much about it; although I do remember thinking it was a distasteful release. I wouldn’t really call this one a bootleg as it didn’t contain Elvis’ singing voice, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Estate managed to stop the album from being distributed once they heard about it, so it may qualify as a rarity in that way.

“Good Rockin’ Tonight” was originally issued in Holland in 1974, and features versions of “Good Rockin’ Tonight”, “Mystery Train”, and “I Forgot To Remember To Forget” taken from mint Sun 78rpm discs. These recordings don’t have the echo that was later added by RCA. The Sun out takes featured on this release have now been issued by RCA.

“Viva Las Vegas” was originally issued in the USA in 1979, whilst the Suzie Q album was issued in 1985. The “Vegas Fever” album features the midnight show from August 26, 1973 that was also issued on the Golden Stars CD “Las Vegas Fever Volume 3”.

For further information on vinyl bootleg releases, I would recommend the book “Jailhouse Rock” (Pierian Press, 1983) by Lee Cotten and Howard A. De Witt. It’s likely that book is out of print now, but if you can find a copy anywhere, it’s well worth tracking down.

Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:28 am

Thanks for the helpful responses. I will check into them.
Morrisey, since when does a question about something Elvis belong in the trade category. Where did I once mention that I wanted to trade them?

jeff R

"JR" - is a "bible" for boot vinyl.

Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:35 am

"Jailhouse Rock" (Cotton/De Witt) is an outstanding book, .... I still prefer it and use it ................ it replaced Lichter's "The Boy Who Dared To Rock - The Definitive" as my favorite (which is actually amateurish in comparison).

Those were the days ...............

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:10 am

Dude, you're looking to sell them, that belongs in the marketplace, aka "trade center". This isn't a difficult theory.

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:13 pm

watch out for the gator on this page

Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:37 pm

Listen, Morrisey, back off and don't call me Dude!
I have a prospective buyer. I'm just looking for some info, such as a ballpark figure on pricing.
Is that too much to ask?
If I can help others with items or info, I will do it. That's the basis of this messageboard....to share knowledge and friendship.
Do you have any friends?

jeff R