Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Dallas 75 (Uncensored)

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:49 pm

On the import Dallas 75 the songs "T.R.O.U.B.L.E" & "Why Me Lord" are included but in reviews of the cd the reviews state that these songs are missing from the EAP box set. Are these songs missing from the vinyl set or first print of the cd set? as i have checked and they are on the EAP box set??

Any help??

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:53 pm

Haven't heard the soundboard in a while, but as I recall, Elvis made silly voices during Why Me Lord and distracted J.D. to the point of laughing and messing up lyrics.

Maybe BMG thought that was not acceptable for official catalog availability.

Re: Dallas 75 (Uncensored)

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:20 am

they replaced the two songs with versions from other shows.
I had it written somewhere but I filed that note along with the tapes. So can't look it up very easily. But there's probably several people who can give you the exact dates.

Promocollector wrote:On the import Dallas 75 the songs "T.R.O.U.B.L.E" & "Why Me Lord" are included but in reviews of the cd the reviews state that these songs are missing from the EAP box set. Are these songs missing from the vinyl set or first print of the cd set? as i have checked and they are on the EAP box set??

Any help??

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:05 am

As I recall, the Elvis In Dallas show as featured on the Silver Box set was made up of several shows from may / june 1975. The dates, but not venues are listed in the booklet.

I've not got the import, but I believe the version of T.R.O.U.B.L.E. is X-rated, with some swearing, but don't know about the verison of Why Me Lord, as there's some fooling on there, which is very funny, so it's not because RCA wanted a serious version.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:42 am

Here's the deal.

As already stated, not all tracks from the 1975 show on the Silver Box are from Dallas, the tracks are however all sourced from that same particular tour.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E, I believe, is dated as 5th June (Houston) and Why Me Lord is dated 9th June which would make that Jackson, Mississippi.

Regarding the import 'Dallas Seventy Five Uncensored', the reason for the 'censorship' turns out to be perhaps a little tamer than the title may lead you to believe.

Instead of smelling 'T-R-O-U-B-L-E' Elvis smells 'BIG-D-A-L-L-A-S', laughs and later even stops singing for a couple of lines and on 'Why Me Lord', in the process of trying to make good ol' JD laugh ends up laughing more himself. Good fun and enjoyable to hear nonetheless.

The sound quality is very good indeed. On the downside Track 8 includes both 'The Wonder Of You' and 'Burning Love' and the start of 'Burning Love' has been recorded 2 times on the CD with a pause in between - 'Burning Love' isn't even listed on the CD !

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 am

ClintReno wrote:The sound quality is very good indeed. On the downside Track 8 includes both 'The Wonder Of You' and 'Burning Love' and the start of 'Burning Love' has been recorded 2 times on the CD with a pause in between - 'Burning Love' isn't even listed on the CD !

That kind of threw me the first time I heard it. However, you're right by saying that the quality is very good. Better than the EAP box set concert compilation.

The versions of T-R-O-U-B-L-E and Why Me Lord are much more enjoyable on the "Uncensored" CD.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:05 pm

On the cd A Capital Performance It has that version of Why Me Lord it very funny after its over Elvis apologizes for messing up JD in the middle of the song.. :P

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:32 pm

[quote="DarrylMac"]As I recall, the Elvis In Dallas show as featured on the Silver Box set was made up of several shows from may / june 1975. The dates, but not venues are listed in the booklet.
........quote]

As for the Silver box set / Live In Dallas:

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/silverbox.html
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/dallas.html

As for Dallas Seventyfive (Uncensored):

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/dallasseventyfive.html

Regards