Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Which June 75' show has the best sound ?

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Of all the June 1975 shows available on soundboards, which one has the best sound ? (I only have the Let Me Take You Home boot.)

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:42 pm

The one you have is probably the best sounding. However, Sold Out In Dixie is very good as well. It is the Mobile, Alabama show from June 2nd.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Let Me Take You Home has the best sound and is one of the best shows from the tour. Two other good ones to get are Soldout in Dixie and Howdy Houston. That will give you a fairly varied song list and while the sound is not as good as Memphis, the shows have great energy and enthusiasm.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:51 pm

Tuscaloosa is also a good show in good quality..

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:20 pm

If we are talking SOUND quality, I think most would be very surprised by Dallas Seventyfive, this is the show you get on the Elvis Aron Presley Box set 1975 show disc/record...BUT in FAR superior sound quality...seems Joan Dreary never had access to this tape source when she was compiling EAP box set :shock:

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Local / Date: Memphis, TN - June 10th, 1975
Bootleg: Let Me Take You Home

Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:44 am

I would say "Sold Out In Dixie", 'Deep Down South', and the June 10th 1975 Memphis concert are all good sounding shows. I have all 3 and as far as sound is concerned none is better then the other sound wise.



Steve

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:55 pm

yes i always thought the Memphis sound June 10th 1975 was 'outstanding'! :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:16 pm

About "Let Me Take You Home". I know this bootleg was bootlegged (!) as soon as it came out. I have this one in digipak, but the pictures are very blurry; no where near the quality on "Old Time They Are Not Forgotten". Is my CD an original pressing?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:16 pm

IMO, DallasSeventyFive (6/6/75), Let Me Take You Home (6/10/75) and Deep Down South (6/3/75). The sound on A Capitol Performance (6/8/75 e/s) is not that bad either.


Sincerely MB280E

Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 am

Ray wrote:If we are talking SOUND quality, I think most would be very surprised by Dallas Seventyfive, this is the show you get on the Elvis Aron Presley Box set 1975 show disc/record...BUT in FAR superior sound quality...seems Joan Dreary never had access to this tape source when she was compiling EAP box set :shock:


I've heard them both millions of times... I don't here any difference in the sound quality??? :shock:
What information do you have that suggests they are from different sources? Just curious.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:29 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Ray wrote:If we are talking SOUND quality, I think most would be very surprised by Dallas Seventyfive, this is the show you get on the Elvis Aron Presley Box set 1975 show disc/record...BUT in FAR superior sound quality...seems Joan Dreary never had access to this tape source when she was compiling EAP box set :shock:


I've heard them both millions of times... I don't here any difference in the sound quality??? :shock:
What information do you have that suggests they are from different sources? Just curious.


Same source. Only the EAP box set was largely butchered when transferred to CD. Check your ol' vinyl...

Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:13 am

audiophiliac wrote:Only the EAP box set was largely butchered when transferred to CD. Check your ol' vinyl...


Butchered in what way? Sound quality wise? Or editing?

The EAP box CD's sounded to me like cheap transfers to me.

Axe

Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:30 am

I find the quality from Dallas, June 6, 1975 kinda grand.

Elvis sounds hearable "sharp", definitely recommended.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:02 pm

Im with Rob, Sold Out In Dixie is a great show with Fantastic sound..also has my favorite version of Burning Love :D