Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

January 8 1977

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:16 am

Anyone know how Elvis spent his last birthday?

I hear stories on Sirius Satellite all the time about his birthdays and Christmas, etc. Nothing is ever mentioned about his last birthday or last Christmas.

Thanks
Jon

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 am

The Elvis Encyclopedia just says he spent Christmas of '76 at Graceland and gave Lisa Marie a golf cart. Apparently he was in Palm Springs of '77 for his birthday.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:28 am

Was Christmas low key as well as Palm Springs???

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:56 am

I seem to recall reading that New Year's Eve was a low key affair, with just a few people around Graceland and not much of a party atmosphere - in contrast to the organised parties of earlier years. I think it was 76 the article was referring to.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:00 am

TJ wrote:I seem to recall reading that New Year's Eve was a low key affair, with just a few people around Graceland and not much of a party atmosphere.

I'm sure it was very low key at Graceland. However, the folks in the Civic Center in Pittsburgh had a great time.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:56 am

JEFF d wrote:The Elvis Encyclopedia just says he spent Christmas of '76 at Graceland and gave Lisa Marie a golf cart. Apparently he was in Palm Springs of '77 for his birthday.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Was this the last time in Palm Spings?
I think in the Mike Edwards book he says he noticed when he visited this house after Elvis died was left with dishes in the sink and paper plates on the bench from the last occasion Elvis was there. Weird!

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:48 am

not so sure he stayed at the house in PS.

He wanted to cheer the girls up after the funeral so he arranged for Ginger and Rosemary to go to PS where Elvis booked the whole top floor of the Sheraton Inn and the girls landed in style by helicopter.

Posted were only a couple of security guards - no MM. Not so sure about that, but maybe he just wanted to be alone with Ginger.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:38 pm

Was it during this January visit to PS that Elvis had Larry Geller perform the wedding of Elvis's LA dentisth who suplied him with drugs? Also, I seem to remember Elvis giving out checks as a gift to his friends on his own birthday.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:40 pm

Rob wrote:
TJ wrote:I seem to recall reading that New Year's Eve was a low key affair, with just a few people around Graceland and not much of a party atmosphere.

I'm sure it was very low key at Graceland. However, the folks in the Civic Center in Pittsburgh had a great time.

Elvis spend the rest of the night watching his favorite videos of Monty Python in Lisa Marie on his way back to Memphis.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:55 pm

Rob wrote:

:lol: Ah of course, good point :wink: OK, so not 1976 or 1975 either, as he did the Pontiac concert then. The article must have been about the last New Year's Eve that he was home at Graceland. 1974?

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:55 pm

Marko wrote:Was it during this January visit to PS that Elvis had Larry Geller perform the wedding of Elvis's LA dentisth who suplied him with drugs? Also, I seem to remember Elvis giving out checks as a gift to his friends on his own birthday.

I think this is correct information. Not sure about his trip back to Memphis what he did.... but didn't they have some kind of mecanical problem also with the Lisa Marie airplane that night as well? Maybe it was before the concert, flying into Pittsburgh I can't recall?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:55 pm

Are we talking about Jan 76 or Jan 77 ?

i thought the Gellar wedding ceremony was Jan 76 but i was going on the thread title of Jan 77 re the hotel stay with Ginger.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:17 pm

After 29 years later...IF I remember correctly, one very special gift ELVIS received on his last birthday, the 8th of January, 1977...was the book said to be written for/pertaining to his life...ELVIS..."The Minstrel" by his friend Bernard Shaw.

Anyone who has read "The Minstrel" should have found the story closely similar to ELVIS' own life! I found the book extremely awesome and interesting.

2Elvis

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:46 am

Steve_M wrote:Are we talking about Jan 76 or Jan 77 ?

i thought the Gellar wedding ceremony was Jan 76 but i was going on the thread title of Jan 77 re the hotel stay with Ginger.

1977, Sorry I was wrong according to the Elvis Encyclopedia it was Max Shapiro that was married in Palm Springs of January of '77, were they married by Larry Gellar can he do that?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:32 am

JEFF d wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Are we talking about Jan 76 or Jan 77 ?

1977, Sorry I was wrong according to the Elvis Encyclopedia it was Max Shapiro that was married in Palm Springs of January of '77, were they married by Larry Gellar can he do that?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Yup.......you can go through a diploma mill for any freaky religion you can imagine and get a ministerial license which will allow you to perform marriages.

No education necessary...........how do you think we get the Benny Hinns and Jimmy Swaggarts and Jim Bakkers of the world?? :wink:

I have an actual ministerial degree WHICH I EARNED.

I'm available for weddings, funerals, and deathbed confessions :lol: :wink: .

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:01 pm

i cannot understand why you guys don't read the revelations of the memphis mafia book-lamar fike,billy smith and marty lacker... their they cover this day in great detail! the bit i like best is that he calle all the girls in and handed out crisp money on his birthday! :lol:

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:01 pm

I dont care for Lamar Fike or Marty Lacker that much anyway..the way thye went on E True Hollywood Stories and totally dissed Elvis..It made me really mad :evil: Those are the people living off elvis for the money..makes me disgusted..