Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Puff (Elvis ) the magic ( paunchy ) Dragon - Released!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:58 pm

Yes folks it`s out now, but the real title is Dragon Heart and it`s a complainers dream come true and a soundfreaks nightmare! :cry:

This is an good example to show everyone how to make something good real bad. Dear people at FTD sometimes less is more. I would prefer quality instead of quantity. If that is an example what to expect on future releases, I honestly hope that someone will lock the vaults and throw away the keys.

Long live the King of Kitsch!

Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:36 am

Are you sure you're on the right messageboard?

Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:38 am

This seems like a rather negative message from Mathias. I will buy Dragonheart and I'm sure I will like it.

Andy, I've visited Brighton and it's beautiful!

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:30 pm

Mathis from Germany, what the hell you on about, it's a soundboard recording not a professional RCA recording, it's got a slight bit of overload on it, that's all, it's still a great show.
Stick to Elvis's 40 Greatest Hits, and keep buying the cups, plates, t-shirts and other stuff.

You obviously haven't got a clue what the hell you're on about.

And another thing Elvis was not a puff

Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:50 pm

I haven’t heard this show yet, so I can’t really comment on the sound, but knowing that the disc features a soundboard concert I’m not expecting to hear the show in quality that is comparable to “An Afternoon In The Garden”. It seems BMG can’t win when it comes to live shows, and the sound quality and content of these shows is often criticised. The funny thing is if the bootleggers rather than BMG had issued this show, they would most likely have been praised for it.

Years ago when I first started collecting, a good quality audience recording like “Americas Own” was really something to get excited about, and I never dreamed that one day there would be an official collectors label releasing good quality soundboard tapes. Elvis fans have been truly spoiled by BMG over the last few years, and yet some people still complain.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:08 pm

And hey, wasn't it Elvis himself who said: If you can't take it (in this case FTD releases), get off the pot! 8)

Once upon a time I thought it would be cool to have Ernst's job, but apparently you can't do right in that job! Hang in there, Ernst and thanks for the great job so far!

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:30 pm

Another idiot running rampant on the messageboard, congrats Mathias.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:31 pm

You and Luke would be in the top running for idiot of the year award. Im not sure who would win. probably a photo finish. Him with whining about too much box set, only wants one cd...

never ceases to amaze me baby!!!

Re: "Puff (Elvis ) the magic ( paunchy ) Dragon - Relea

Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:09 am

Mathias wrote: ........... Dragon Heart ......... a complainers dream come true and a soundfreaks nightmare! :cry:

This is an good example to show everyone how to make something good real bad. Dear people at FTD sometimes less is more. I would prefer quality instead of quantity. If that is an example what to expect on future releases, I honestly hope that someone will lock the vaults and throw away the keys.

Long live the King of Kitsch!

Mathias - if you'd rather have nothing (as back in the 80's), your solution is a simple one - stop buying the product (there will be plenty of others that do buy it ............ because we KNOW that Elvis fans have never had it better than we do now with FTD).

"Give us more, give us anything, open up the vaults and give us unreleased material that is just sititng there........." ..................... DONE DEAL ........ now, .... "Give us this, give us that, give us better sound, clean it up better, improve the artwork, use these pictures they are more flattering, use more glue in the CD holders" ................ and, now, in the words of Mathias "Give us LESS ............" !!

Sheesh, .......... give me a break.

N8
... just a fan ....

You think I'm fat?

Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:19 am

I am not sure what this guy (Mathias) wanted to acomplish but I think he failed miserably. You couple that with his clever signature and some would be tempted to run his ass off the board. But I searched out his other posts and he seems to be alright. I am just going to mark it down to a brain lapse.
Dude---Lose the signature! Your name will be fine if you cannot come up with anything more clever to say than that.

Tony

Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:53 am

:evil: Mathias from Germany obviously hasn't got this release or if he has is of highly biased/suspect opinion!! :oops: