Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Charlie Hodge Update

Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 pm

From ElvisNews.com

Charlie Hodge, Elvis' army buddy and friend until 1977, has been diagnosed with cancer. He has secretly been battling cancer the past two months, but today the "news" leaked.

Charlie met Elvis on the boat from the USA to Germany in September 1958. They stayed friends until Elvis' death in August 1977. Charlie was the guy who sang back up, played guitar, handed Elvis water and gave him scarves on stage during the shows in the 1970's.

From Memories Theater, where Charlie Hodge has been performing these past few years, and here's the straight poop:

Charlie Hodge, despite his ailment, continues to perform nightly at Memories Theater and "if you were not aware of his condition, you would never know he is sick." His humor remains high, as does his faith in God.

Here is an update on the condition of Charlie Hodge from his girlfriend Jennifer:

"Yes it is true that Charlie has lung cancer. He was diagnosed on December 21st and started his treatments January 2nd. For 2 months he has to take radiation 5 days a week and chemo once a week. So far he is responding well to the treatments with little side effects so we are staying positive. After 2 months of treatment they might continue with the chemo. Every 3 months they will do tests to see if his treatments are successful."

It would be wonderful if everyone in the Elvis world deluged Sir Charles with Get Well cards. Send to:

Sir Charles
c/o Memories Theater
2141 Parkway
Pigeon Forge TN 37863

Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Get well soon Charlie!

Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:53 pm

When was Charlie knighted?

Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:09 pm

He is now married to Jennifer!

Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:12 pm

Didn't Elvis once call him Sir Charles of Hodge?

I thought I heard that somewhere.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:37 am

Thanks for the address, Rob! Our sincere hopes and prayers go with him. He is really taking on a lot performing AND taking on treatments (which are not easy ones). I don't know Jennifer, but am glad he is married to her. She must be a special lady. Perhaps he became "Sir Charles" because of his marriage to her??
sue

Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:35 am

Does any one know how the Wooley Booger is, of late!? It suprises me how all these well - wishes not mention once, the June (Graceland) '77 bitch - slapping, nose bleeding, he got from his best friend, Elvis!

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:55 am

Charlie Hodge had a fan club in the 1970's. I'm not sure just when it started however I do know the name was:

Sir Charles of Hodge Fan Club

2Elvis

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:57 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Does any one know how the Wooley Booger is, of late!? It suprises me how all these well - wishes not mention once, the June (Graceland) '77 bitch - slapping, nose bleeding, he got from his best friend, Elvis!

I'm more surprised that in this context anyone would mention a one-off incident that in no way characterised their 19 year friendship and which Elvis probably regretted. What an unnecessary post!

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:47 am

TJ wrote:Elvis probably regretted.

It was reported that Elvis did indeed regret it very much.

It has been said that Charlie reads this from time to time and it would be nice in his time of trial if we could keep things on the positive side.

He deserves better than what he has received in the past.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:56 am

Rob wrote:
TJ wrote:Elvis probably regretted.

It was reported that Elvis did indeed regret it very much.

It has been said that Charlie reads this from time to time and it would be nice in his time of trial if we could keep things on the positive side.

He deserves better than what he has received in the past.

Yes he does deserve better. I've always appreciated how he's consistently taken the high road when talking/writing about Elvis. Some of the other guys could learn a thing or two about friendship from Charlie. I hope he gets well soon.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:01 pm

Apparently Charlie has now been hospitalized. Hopefully he's beat this.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:33 pm

I said that many, many, many times before:

[color=blue][u]Get well, soon, Charlie and all the very best![/u][/color]

O.S.