Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Close Up released in Holland

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:07 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:36 pm

Also got it today. Interesting that the first disc I put into the cd player was the live show as well (disc 4). So great to finally have a complete show again with Elvis still in top form.

Personally I do not understand the thinking behind the overkill of box sets from BMG over the past few years. Yes this box looks nice, good pics and linernotes but it is just another box set with a focus on the 50's, 60's and 70's just like TT&F and Platinum. I understand the box is aimed at collectors who are already spoiled by a zillion of outtakes from the nasheveille sessions and movies. The TTII box sense made more sense to me because it focussed on a specific project. You do not have to agree with me but I rather had 1 single cd with the live concert.

Yes

Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:50 pm

Luke1, These box sets "focus" on the '50's, 60's and 70's because this is when Elvis lived and performed, LOL.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:13 pm

really? learned something again today.

regards

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:45 pm

The movie gems are really great, for the first time some songs with really a different arrangement...
Last edited by neckywoudje on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:48 pm

right on!

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:04 am

Having lived through the Elvis: TTWII SE box w/ it's less than improved sound of the "orignal" album along w/ the not so great sound of much of the rehearsal stuff and than the "Las Vegas" box w/ that soundboard stuff I say make it a double disc w/ the two best multi-track concerts available and leave the rehearsals and soundboards for the die hard collectors on FTD.