Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Forget me never / Wild in the country trailer

Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:57 pm

The song "forget me never" is included in the trailer for the movie "Wild in the country" but not in the movie.
Any idea why?

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:01 pm

Harty -

I thought the song was 'Lonely Man' !

Obviously a last-minute deletion from the complete film.

A good candidate for re-insertion in the DVD version !

We should be so lucky !

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:05 pm

Wouldn't it be great to get all the deletions put back in the films and the alternate ending etc.

:(

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:11 pm

Iam talking abount the DVD version.
by the way, you're right, it is Lonely man.

great song, I guess Elvis is sitting in the garage and singing the song, but cut ..a good movie, I love the scene where Elvis is drunken..

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:22 pm

Sam -

Talking of alternative endings, I mentioned on here just the other day that my daughter got the David Essex film: 'Silver Dream Racer' recently with an alternative ending.

So it can be done !

Don't know of any other different Elvis film endings than 'Wild In The Country', though.

Well, there is 'Love Me Tender' before they inserted the ghostly figure of Elvis doing another verse of the title track, but the ending we got is probably the better one !

Not endings, but the missing songs: 'Summer Kisses, Winter Tears' & 'Britches' are perhaps best left out of 'Flaming Star' !

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:49 pm

But on DVD they could be put back and we could have the choice to watch the original theatrical version or a new version with everything put back. All on the one disc with seemless branching. but i'm just dreaming, for Elvis it's just get it out there with as little effort as possible. :(

But I still enjoy them. :D

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:36 pm

What is interesting to note, is that in most cases the quality of the trailers that includes the missing footage is a long way short of the quality on the newly re-mastered films. I’m guessing that the trailers survived from back in the ‘’60s, but it doesn’t necessarily follow that the deleted scenes are still held in the vaults of the various film companies. Of course it’s possible that some out takes still exist, but I don’t think we can say for sure that Elvis’ 1960 performance of “Lonely Man” is definitely held in the 20th Century Fox vaults. This is one of the few areas of the Presley career where there is still much more speculation, than factual information, and it would be interesting to find out what footage is definitely still gathering dust in the vaults of the various film companies. A Tunzi style book on this subject would be a good idea, but for anyone to compile such a book they would need access to the vaults, and this isn’t likely to happen.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:07 pm

another ending for love me tender was shot where clint reno lives and doesnt die.
before they shot the ghostly ending the ending was gonna be that he just gets killed and thats it.
they could have used the making of the ending on the dvd because it is shown in this is elvis.
some behind the scenes b&w footage exists for the filming of g.i.blues just saw it on some e channel special about lisa they show it when they talk about cilla and ep meeting in germany.
where did this footage come from paramount or a pvt source?
i think footage exists but the companies are too tight to issue it.
didn't elvis keep copies of the master reels at graceland?

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:32 pm

I have a video of the b/w footage from the “GI Blues” set, but I would think that a news crew or a private source filmed this. It seems unlikely that this footage would be owned by Paramount. Having said that, if it is in the public domain, there would be nothing to stop Paramount from adding it to the “GI Blues” DVD as bonus material.

Prints of “GI Blues” including “Tonight’s All Right For Love” must also exist somewhere. I have a video copy of this (in less than perfect quality) that looks as though it has been copied from a European TV broadcast.