Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Close Up features Great sound, lots of chatter!!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:25 am

Picked up my copy yesterday and have listened to disc 2 and 4 so far and bits of 1 and 3. The live in Texas show has awesome stereo sound. All will be pleased(well, most everyone). I know someone will post they prefer audience recordings, LOL. The sound on this set is amazing! Every studio song that I've listened to features studio chatter. Much more than on previous sets. If anyone has any questions, I'll gladly try to answer them.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:40 am

hey steve, where did u pick up your copy so early? isn't it coming out next tuesday, 7/01/03? man, I can hardly wait and it being my b-day on sunday, everybody wants to get it 4 me! i keep telling 'em, well if u can beat me to the store then u got a deal...LOL
can u give me a brief review on disc 1 and 4? like, how's the mix of the concert compared to, say, Afternoon in the Garden? can't wait for the Binaural tapes too...

Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:46 am

Hi Steve, on disc 4, is the piano audible? In gneral terms, I had always the feeling that Ot wold sound better than in the garden - but maybe is the video-effect.

disc one and two

Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:52 am

Still haven't listened to all of disc one, but most seem to have EP in the left channel and everything else in the right. Very clear sound. The live show is similar to MSG in sound with perhaps EP a little more up front. Really is quite enjoyable. I have a friend who owns a shop and he gets his Tuesday releases in on Wednesday and always lets me have them early. Also helps to be in the city where BMG ships from. BTW, Happy birthday!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:07 am

I was really referring to Afternoon in the Garden. It's hard to say until I listen to it again, but it seems all intruments are very audible. It's one of the best live shows as far as sound goes on first impression.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:23 am

thanks 4 the info and B-day wish steve! if disc 4 sounds similar to "Afternoon...", then it should be awesome! 5 days and counting....LOL keep rockin', jumpin' like a catfish on a pole!