Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:47 pm

Some are on Ebay for Pounds Sterling 3,00 and NO bids.
Since a dealer* pays about 30% of the "value" you are lucky if you get Pounds Sterling 1,00 each. Thevalue of Elvis discs dropped anormously the last couple of years. A friend of mine buys discs that were offered for sale for euro 150 or more for only euro 15 to euro 40.
(Pounds Sterling 1,00 is about euro 1,50)

* a dealer in general pays taxes, has to rent a shop, pay staff.

Re: HMV 78's

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:26 pm

tcb1 wrote:can anyone help value these roughtly that is:
all in fair - good condition, i know it's not easy over the net, but just a rough idea would be helpful, as friend wants to sell, but would like to know worth before taking to dealer..

I Want You I Need You I Love You - My Baby Left Me
HMV with cover POP 235 Blue - £25

Paralysed - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
HMV no cover POP 378 Blue - £30

Heartbreak Hotel - I Was The One
HMV no cover POP 182 Blue - £20

Blue Moon - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
HMV with cover POP 272 Blue - £20

Hound Dog - Don't Be Cruel
HMV with cover POP 249 Blue - £15

The prices shown are for mint condition, complete with covers and are taken from the Record Collector Rare Record Price Guide - 2006.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:36 pm

Yes, Colin that's what I woukld expect to see them being retailed at.

A delaer will offer about £10 per disc, tcb1's friend has 6 discs so that gets rounded down to £50.

Being as those prices are for mint and the condition is only fair it'll probably be a little bit of "tut tut.. bit worn are these" from the dealer and you'll get a "Best I can do for these is....well see..., thing is see, people think these are rare when they're actually quite common, it's the mint condition ones that are rare. collectors have this fairish quality ten times over, and I'm being kind really when I refer to these as fair, so there's little demand but I'll save you a trip to the dump and I'm a charitable guy so here's £30 for them"

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Discs without covers are not really that attractive to collectors so i would imagine the price for these would be very low.

Best off avoiding dealers and selling them yourself

andrew