original golden records 5

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

jeffreyjames
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by jeffreyjames »

The '84 version of this album is the very first cd I bought. I purchased several Elvis cds months before I bought a player.

jeff R

thenexte
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by thenexte »

JEFF d wrote:Also if you like Vol 5, and The Memphis Record.... another great CD to get from this era that seems to have been remixed(at least to my ears) is the Always On My Mind CD, I like this CD alot as well... has My Boy sounded any better than on this CD?? Not to me!

JEFF d
Elvis fan
It's funny to listen to a lot of these mid-80's RCA CD's today, they just all sound very dated and "early digital". The "Always on my mind" CD is a perfect example, whatever they did on this one just sucked the life out of these tracks and made them sound dull. Sure you had more bass and some instruments are more noticeable but it completely destroyed the organic nature of the songs and buried Elvis' vocals in the process. The remixed live tracks on this one (You gave me a mountain, Unchained melody) are just downright horrible.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Greg: Just that the alt. mix of KR was used on the '60s box and comps. that followed including the GR Vol 5 upgrade. Ernst must have had a hand
in some of it.

I don't like the alt. mix.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.