Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

"Vern, are ya home!?"

Post by thefunkyangel »

Does anyone know the date the old bastard drove up to meet Ol' Vern? September '77, perhaps! This obviously was the official photo shoot for alblum cover! This may even be the date, CBS came to film Vern! So, the next time your looking at the alblum/ cd cover, imagine Tom's bus (out of view) to the right hand side of the photo!

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Funky, talking of CBS filming, is that not the same attire ol' Vern is wearing that he wears in his thank-ya speech at the end of the special ? I might be wrong, might be different shirt....

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

Yeah, Sept 77 was a good time for the Colonel, no longer having to worry about his "boy", making a ton of money from unbelievable album sales and memorabilia, he looked pretty relaxed, what a pile of scrap.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

That must be the day CBS filmed Vernons speech, Parker had to be there to make sure his paid role as technical advisor was seen to be earnt. :roll:

gareth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by gareth »

I'm not sure if i'm right or not but when Vernon is saying thanks to the fans in his office if you look at the window behind him you can see someone passing that looks a lot like the ol' colonel.It looks like the same blue shirt.

EagleUSA
Registered for: 21 years

Post by EagleUSA »

Funky, am I mistaken or is the photo of these two taken in front of the bus the same photo used for the album cover? I notice the shadows on Vernon & Parker from the two photos seem to be identical.

Eagle

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Steve_M wrote:That must be the day CBS filmed Vernons speech, Parker had to be there to make sure his paid role as technical advisor was seen to be earnt. :roll:
This is the first thing that came to my mind. And it seems that Colonel is sitting in the top of the world.
Old bastard! :evil:

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Parker even managed to dress smarter for this than he did the funeral.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Yes that´s true. It seems he is going to take a vacation on Hawaii! :shock: :evil: :evil:

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Topic author
thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

EagleUSA wrote:Funky, am I mistaken or is the photo of these two taken in front of the bus the same photo used for the album cover? I notice the shadows on Vernon & Parker from the two photos seem to be identical.
You may have just hit the nail on the head, son! They just may have super-imposed themselves (that shot) in front of the mansion! EagleUSA, a good piece of investigation! Well done, mate! Cheers!

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

uf, it's not really worth removing from Vernon when Parker stands next to him with a log sticking out the side of his mouth. :lol: