Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:48 pm

JEFF d wrote:Then the next morning Elvis was asking them all if they liked JLL and they were all like "Oh YEA he was great last night" and Elvis was like "WELL, if you like him so damn much you can go to work for HIM!!!!" lolol :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

I think Elvis may have been a little jealous of Jerry Lee's remarkable musicianship, sure, but even more, - Jerry Lee was envious of Elvis' voice, his looks, his fame and most of all . . . his charisma.

But they are both great talents. I've seen Jerry Lee 15 times, hope I get to have another chance. On a good night, he's the real deal!

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:05 am

eric wrote:I have a JLL cd wheres he does a live version of Blue suede shoes and starts the song by saying hes going to sing a song by Carl Perkins,after the song you can hear a guy in the audience say"wasnt that a Elvis song"and Jerry goes to say"no,Elvis stole that song from him while he was in bed trying to stay alive from a car accident"

I saw Carl Perkins play in Memphis one August, maybe 1990, and Carl said that he's VERY thankful and proud that Elvis did that song, and that if anyone ever said that Elvis stole that song from him, then you tell them Carl Perkins said that's not true at all. I'm paraphrasing here.

Axe

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:06 am

Swithin StCleeve wrote:But they are both great talents. I've seen Jerry Lee 15 times, hope I get to have another chance. On a good night, he's the real deal!

We just saw him in October at the Bridge Benefit...he didn't play a very long set but he was amazing...what a treat to have seen him live!

Axe

Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:37 am

Swithin StCleeve wrote:But they are both great talents. I've seen Jerry Lee 15 times, hope I get to have another chance. On a good night, he's the real deal!

Thanks for the transcript, Swithin StCleeve!

I hear that Killer is coming to Europe again soon. I think he's playing Germany, Denmark and some other places. I'd like to go and see him!

Keith Richards, Jr.