Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis most athletic rock star ever?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 am

Except for the last 2 or 3 years, Elvis had to be the most athletic looking rock star of all time. Who else compares?

DLR

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:10 am

My vote would go to David Lee Roth. If you believe most of the MMM's, Elvis couldn't even dance and wasn't that great of an athlete.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:41 am

David Lee Roth all the way baby!!!

For living proof, jus watch the JUMP or Panama Videos...

Unbelievable! 8)

Elvis's build

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 am

I didn't really mean athletic ability, I meant his athlete build. When I'm comparing him to rock stars, I mean the REAL rock stars, the beatles, rolling stones, etc.....Some folks don't even know who David Lee Roth is....

Re: Elvis's build

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:49 am

tsc4280 wrote:Some folks don't even know who David Lee Roth is.

Please tell me that's not really true. I thought everyone knew all members of The Marshall Tucker Band.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:17 am

He used to be a member of Sammy Hagars touring band! :shock: 8) :lol: :smt035 :smt030

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:50 am

Bruce Springsteen would beat fatgut Elvis anyday!

personally I prefer the Britney type build.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:00 pm

And just what does Britney have that Elvis didn't have?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:47 pm

Johnny and Dorsey Burnette were quite good at boxing (golden gloves competitors). Jackie Wilson always impresses me with his dancing act. Still my vote goes to Britney as well. I can imagine myself with her Rock 'n' Roll quite a bit. :lol:

Re: Elvis most athletic rock star ever?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:50 pm

tsc4280 wrote:Except for the last 2 or 3 years, Elvis had to be the most athletic looking rock star of all time. Who else compares?

Elton John.

DJC

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:19 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Bruce Springsteen would beat fatgut Elvis anyday!

personally I prefer the Britney type build.

More positive input from Kiwi.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:31 pm

Fats Domino.

Shot-putters are athletes too, aren't they ?

Re: Elvis's build

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:34 pm

tsc4280 wrote:I didn't really mean athletic ability, I meant his athlete build. When I'm comparing him to rock stars, I mean the REAL rock stars, the beatles, rolling stones, etc.....Some folks don't even know who David Lee Roth is....

From 1968-1970, EP had a perfect build, I don't care what rock star you stack up against him. As far as athletic goes, I think the word graceful pertains more to Elvis.
Last edited by Joe Car on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:35 pm

ColinB wrote:Fats Domino.

Shot-putters are athletes too, aren't they ?

Don't forget golfers as well.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:02 pm

Rob wrote:And just what does Britney have that Elvis didn't have?

fake breasts?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:40 pm

Denman wrote:

fake breasts?

Who cares?? :wink:

Re: DLR

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:56 pm

johngael wrote:My vote would go to David Lee Roth. If you believe most of the MMM's, Elvis couldn't even dance and wasn't that great of an athlete.

Anyone with functioning vision can see otherwise. Elvis had some fantastic and unique dance moves (particularly in the 50s), which were deceptively difficult to perform.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:58 pm

TJ wrote:
Denman wrote:

fake breasts?

Who cares?? :wink:
I don't.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:32 pm

My vote goes to the always limber and graceful Freddie Garrity of Freddie and the Dreamers fame.

Re: Elvis most athletic rock star ever?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
tsc4280 wrote:Except for the last 2 or 3 years, Elvis had to be the most athletic looking rock star of all time. Who else compares?

Elton John.

Indeed, Sir Elton is a few doughnuts away from a sumo suit.

Re: DLR

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 pm

johngael wrote:My vote would go to David Lee Roth. If you believe most of the MMM's, Elvis couldn't even dance and wasn't that great of an athlete.

Random fact- David Lee Roth studied karate with Ed Parker in the late 60's/early 70's.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:47 pm

An airbrush.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:08 am

I think props also need to go to Madonna and Sheryl Crow as very "athletic" rockers. It's obvious these gals work out.