Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Songs In Karaoke Contests

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:45 pm

Entered a karaoke contest several weeks ago and as we wind down to the finals (after a grueling 10 week run), I am about to go for the big cash prize of $2,000.

I have sung each week a selection of oldies and Elvis tunes. The judges have said that they enjoy the Elvis stuff I perform and have given me high scores based on two things: 1. They like the idea that I sing some of the Elvis tunes that are least known songs (i.e. "Rubberneckin") and 2. My performance is pumped full of raw power and emotion. One judge said that my Elvis performances remind him of Elvis' voice during those final years of his life.

Let me get this straight. I am NOT and Elvis impersonator! I am merely an Elvis fan (42 years old) and look and dress nothing like Elvis.

Also, during the course of this contest, I have always carried with me, a photo of Elvis for good luck.

Here's my question: If it were you going into these karaoke finals, what Elvis songs would you sing?

My plan is to wear a white dinner jacket first, and sing "Return to Sender" then have a grand finale with Elvis' version of "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"...complete with the two big Elvis endings. I can do it!

In a few days, I'll log back onto this board and let you know what the outcome was. There will be 5 winners at the end of this contest.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:05 pm

If you want to sing something really special and unknown then try "It Hurts Me". But watch out, it's PRETTY hard to sing ...

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:23 pm

Try just pretend though i would say its pretty impossible to sing,
But if you pull it off you will win it!!!!!!

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:30 pm

If you can sing "Heart Of Rome" and not explode or die of exhaustion by the end, you'll win guaranteed!!!

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:26 pm

Try 'The Wonder Of You' - it never fails!

I've won a competition singing that one, and no, I don't look or dress anything like Elvis - and I don't sound like him (worst luck!). But I sing in my own style and enjoy it.

The song seems to be a favourite of many people and has a great ending - good for a few applause!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:04 am

elvisoid,

"Return To Sender" would make for a better grand finale. It is well-known, but not overdone. I would can "I'll Never Fall..." altogether. Can you wail on "A Little Less Conversation"? Never hurts to add a little hipness to the show!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:46 pm

Sing your own choice. Then ya can't blame us, LOL

Just make sure you don't spill on that white dinner jacket. :oops:

8)