Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Promised Land" 2000 re-issue, collectable?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:27 am

I know this disc has been deleted from the main catalog for quite some time now.

I jus recently found a still mint sealed copy of the cd in a record shop for $10 and it's imported from England!

In fact, it comes with the blue Artist Of The Century sticker still on it.

Has this now deleted cd title risen in collectability?

It's been years I've seen it in stores, let alone an imported copy from England in a local record shop.

Thanks!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:32 pm

Do you mean the 18track release with the bonus tracks - my boy etc.The inlays are also really good on this release.Sound is pretty good too.$10 is a good price - mine cost me £12 and in used condition here in the uk.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Whether something is collectable pretty much depends on you, I guess. Elvisoncd.com has the 2000 version (I have my problems calling it a re-master of the original album since it wasn't a re-master - a true re-master of the original 2-track masters of PL is long overdue) listed for 12 €, which comes up to approximately 8.23 $. So I doubt that it really is such a grand investment.

If You'd like to collect all the remixes of the 70ies masters (those that weren't included in the Walk A Mile In My Shoes boxset) you won't get by this version of Promised Land though.

Just buy it!!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:58 pm

It is a good CD so just buy it!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:28 pm

Collectable also cause it contains some full length versions not on LP.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Collectable also cause it contains some full length versions not on LP.

What versions are those then ciscoking?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Love Song Of The Year 3:33
Your Love`s Been A Long Time Coming 3:46

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks for that - i didn't realise - very underrated song , love song of the year in my opinion.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:04 pm

I wouldn't say it's collectable and am not convinced it's even deleted either! It's in stock on Amazon.co.uk and play.com are just waiting for their next batch. It's on 101cd.com also so yeah.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Did any other re-issues of this type feature slightly different versions?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:44 pm

944cabby wrote:Thanks for that - i didn't realise - very underrated song , love song of the year in my opinion.

I just love this song.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:52 am

Mink, the stocks of such albums as PL and "I"m 10,000 Years Old- Elvis Country" are certainly getting low enough to consider them "rare."

I've seen that latter 2000 re-issue go for many times over its price on some sites, likewise with the original TTWII on DVD.