Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Check this ebay item

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:24 am

What is really crap is the response to the guy's question.."gave tours of Graceland back then abd Elvis was out of town...... :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5644827334

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:59 am

Strange auction but at least he only got the minimum bid. Seems there's always someone who will buy anything.
Too bad it wasn't in the shape of the Virgin Mary!

jeff R

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:26 am

George Coleman was a handy man who sometimes worked on projects at Graceland. So that piece of the story is possibly true, though Graceland didn't have tours in 1977...unless you count the tours that Uncle Vester gave to the Gate Groupies out to behind the barn...

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:17 pm

I have a small piece of red carpet that apparently came from graceland when priscilla was restoring it back to what it was like when she and lisa marie lived there in the early '80's.
Hence most, if not all, of the red carpetting and design that linda Thompson changed when she was with elvis was removed at Priscillas' request before the tours around the house started.I'll dig it out as theres a more detailed explanation with it than what's written on the back of this piece.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:20 pm

What is really crap is the response to the guy's question

well since he's only asking 20 bucks for this, I believe him.
one could of course try to locate some more of mr colemans handwriting.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:50 pm

This is the question I sent regarding this matter.
So, you're saying that the electrician, who was contracted to work in a PRIVATE home took it upon himself to give a tour????

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:32 pm

And, here's the answer I received.
That's what I understand. My father in law is like Larry King in that he can get a good converstaion going with anyone.

What I don't understand is how anyone is seeing this auction as it was over last month

EP

Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:26 am

Vester took me up to the house in July 1977, and yes Elvis was at home, but did not come out, anyway took a few pictures, and bought a few great photos of Elvis, from Vester, for a buck each.