Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD Something For Everybody mastering

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:03 pm

It is great news that FTD will release this album as a "classic album" double disc. Does anyone know who will be doing the mastering ?

Re: FTD Something For Everybody mastering

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 pm

Mike DK wrote:It is great news that FTD will release this album as a "classic album" double disc. Does anyone know who will be doing the mastering ?

Let's hope it's Kevan !

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:42 pm

I just hope it is good in the end.

S.F.E

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:21 pm

It probably won't fit there!!!!

Re: FTD Something For Everybody mastering

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 am

ColinB wrote:
Mike DK wrote:It is great news that FTD will release this album as a "classic album" double disc. Does anyone know who will be doing the mastering ?

Let's hope it's Kevan !

Gotta 2nd that.

I really, REALLY hope that Kevan continues to work on the new BMG / FTD releases. "Elvis At Sun" sounds so damn good....

Which is why I really can't wait for that Sun Box :wink:

Rich

Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:23 am

I also hope its Kevan Budd or Sebastian J. (as he did a great job with Elvis is Back), either 2 will do a great job !

It is Sebastian

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:55 pm

Hi!

It is Sebastian that is doing the mastering.

Re: It is Sebastian

Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:00 pm

Sodman wrote:Hi!

It is Sebastian that is doing the mastering.

So, that's "Mono" to Kevan and "Stereo" to Sebastian ...

Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:11 pm

Renan wrote:I just hope it is good in the end.

I hope it is good in the beggining to!!!
and the middle!!

:wink:

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:53 am

I am sure it will be great from start to finish.

Re: It is Sebastian

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:57 am

memphisflash wrote:So, that's "Mono" to Kevan and "Stereo" to Sebastian ...

Not really, Kevan did the mastering on the "Binaural" tracks on "Loving You" too! :lol:

Re: S.F.E

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:19 am

TONY wrote:It probably won't fit there!!!!

hahaha good one

Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:52 pm

Sodman,

Thanks much for the info :D That is great news.

If FTD would let Kevan and Sebastian do the mastering on ALL their releases- it would just be great ! (and let Sony handle the tape transfers). A winning combination.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:12 pm

Mike DK wrote:If FTD would let Kevan and Sebastian do the mastering on ALL their releases- it would just be great ! (and let Sony handle the tape transfers). A winning combination.

Agreed. I hope that FTD will get Kevan or Sebastian to master, remaster, remix or whatever the f*ck it's called... future soundtrack albums too. I was listening to "Frankie & Johnny" yesterday and while I do like that album (a lot... :oops: ) the sound quality is far from acceptable. I'm talking about the masters now, not the outtakes (which sound much better). "Kid Galahad" doesn't sound too hot either in my opinion. Kind of thin and dry. But I guess we have to understand that FTD's time and budget ain't unlimited.

Keith Richards, Jr.