TCB and TLC necklaces. At the time of purchase Price Hays told us
we'd get verification on the diamonds and a COA, if not, give him a
call and he'd fix it. The pieces came in the mail without diamond
reports and the TCB was wrong.

We visited Memphis to have the TCB fixed and asked Lowell Hays for the
written appraisal; he asked, "What are you talking about?" Like he
had never heard of such a thing. He then snapped back saying each
pendant has 1.5 ct of stones. How can that be with both necklaces
having the same size stones yet the TCB has 3 more than the TLC.

I later asked Price, and he faltered around saying "We don't give
appraisals anymore since we're going out of business."

No wonder they're going belly up. They flat out refuse to give any
written verification for their jewelry. I'd never deal with them
again and advise others do the same.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:58 am

Very sad. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Reality is:
just because someone knew Elvis well
it doesn't guarantee them reputable or trustworthy.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 am

Very sad, Price is getting a good reputation of doing similiar stuff, Lowell was difficult but very fair when he ran things. I would still pressure him for something in writing.

Re: dealing with Lowell Hays Jewelers

Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:30 am

NashboroughVegas wrote:We bought into the Going out of Business deal and wanted all diamond
TCB and TLC necklaces. At the time of purchase Price Hays told us
we'd get verification on the diamonds and a COA, if not, give him a
call and he'd fix it. The pieces came in the mail without diamond
reports and the TCB was wrong.

I think their supposed TCB ring looks like absolute crap, too.

That right there was indication enough for me to stay away from them.

I would have made him take them back, because I wouldn't trust them if they did that to me.

NashboroughVegas wrote:We visited Memphis to have the TCB fixed and asked Lowell Hays for the
written appraisal; he asked, "What are you talking about?" Like he
had never heard of such a thing. He then snapped back saying each
pendant has 1.5 ct of stones. How can that be with both necklaces
having the same size stones yet the TCB has 3 more than the TLC.

Defensiveness means they are hiding something.

NashboroughVegas wrote:I later asked Price, and he faltered around saying "We don't give
appraisals anymore since we're going out of business."

That kind of attitude absolutely sucks. They don't want to appraise it, because the items are not as they represented.

Definitely sad.

I'd fight for my money back.

NashboroughVegas wrote:No wonder they're going belly up. They flat out refuse to give any
written verification for their jewelry. I'd never deal with them
again and advise others do the same.

Complete agreement.

Definitely appreciate your warning & speaking out.

-------------------------------

Unfortunately, .......... just because somebody was associated with Elvis, doesn't mean they are reliable or honset ...... and this extends to all levels (MMM's, inner-circle, etc.). Sad reality, but true. Lowell Hays was always fine & honest in my first hand experience with the guy, but I have had no dealings with his son. Definitely sorry to hear this.

N8
... just a fan ....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:05 am

N880EP wrote:Unfortunately, .......... just because somebody was associated with Elvis, doesn't mean they are reliable or honset ...... and this extends to all levels (MMM's, inner-circle, etc.).

N880EP wrote:
Your education level is also showing (above). :wink:

N8
... just a fan ....

just returning the favor, buddy.

As the song says, clean up your own backyard.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:20 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:
N880EP wrote:Unfortunately, .......... just because somebody was associated with Elvis, doesn't mean they are reliable or honset ...... and this extends to all levels (MMM's, inner-circle, etc.).

N880EP wrote:
Your education level is also showing (above). :wink:

N8
... just a fan ....

just returning the favor, buddy.

As the song says, clean up your own backyard.

:lol:

Yet more ignorance GG, it's called a typo (I make them often, because I type fast & often post on the run).

I guess you never learned the difference.

For somebody who doesn't care about my posts, you sure are following me around & reading them c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y.

N8
... just a fan ....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:01 pm

N880EP wrote: Yet more ignorance ....

You wouldn't be such a smart-@$$ face to face I guarantee you that bud.

You have what's called hiding-behind-miles-of-fibre-optic bravery.

Ignorance (since you like dat wurd sooo much)
is best defined by someone who foolishly refuses to believe that Elvis Presley's solid-gold Cadillac played a role in inspiring the making of Sgt. Pepper album. And even more ignorantly refutes the evidence to prove this.

The one with that level of ignorance is your friend DJC.

yer buddy

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
N880EP wrote: Yet more ignorance ....

You wouldn't be such a smart-@$$ face to face I guarantee you that bud.

You have what's called hiding-behind-miles-of-fibre-optic bravery.

After ignorance, follows the predictible neanderthalic testosterone-induced threats.

What's next ............ grunting & snorting? Oh MY!!

------------------------------------

My apologies to the original thread starter "Nash", ........ that Grunting GG had to flex his muscle mass and try to get off of his leash on your thread.

......... and so it goes ..................

N8
... just a fan ....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:49 pm

Nash,

Bear in mind,

For some reason, over the past couple days, here at this messageboard,
N880EP (who hasn't posted here in weeks) has shown up and had a real annoying hard-on for GG.

Attacking me on multiple threads seemingly entertains him nowadays.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:36 pm

To be fair to Lowell, when our TCB came in the mail with too short of a chain (24") and an ugly clasp, which we specifically stated we did not want, they fixed it after we showed up at the store.

Although their excuses were odd. They said it happened because "Well, Elvis had his like this later in life" and then later admitted "maybe they had run out of chain" Yeah, whatever.

I gave them four chances to provide written verification of the jewelry's value, specifically the diamonds. I was told the store receipt was all I needed.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:43 pm

NashboroughVegas wrote:To be fair to Lowell, when our TCB came in the mail with too short of a chain (24") and an ugly clasp, which we specifically stated we did not want, they fixed it after we showed up at the store.

Although their excuses were odd. They said it happened because "Well, Elvis had his like this later in life" and then later admitted "maybe they had run out of chain" Yeah, whatever.

I gave them four chances to provide written verification of the jewelry's value, specifically the diamonds. I was told the store receipt was all I needed.

IMO, they were trying to and still are, take you for a sucker.

I'd make them take their product back & refund my money ......... and be done with them.

(Btw, ....... I don't want people misunderstanding ----->l don't own any replica items; my dealings with Hays had to do with authenticating EP pieces). Like I said, he was nice & fine with me, but .............. sounds lilke things have changed.

Definitely sucks.

N8
... just a fan ....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:25 pm

I must say I have never had a bad expierience in my dealings with the Hays family , both Lowell or Price. My wife and I both have the TCB and TLC necklaces and just the other day received our "Crazy" Bracelets, and we were very pleased once again. Nice family! Mr Hays shared a few Elvis stories with us and couldn't have been nicer.

Sorry you had problems but for me I would do business again with them.

TCB

Randall :D

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi Randall,
Were your necklaces "all diamond" and did your bracelets have diamonds? If so, did Hays give you a gem report verifing the diamonds?

That 's all I was asking for and promised I'd receive.

[quote="Randall"]I must say I have never had a bad expierience in my dealings with the Hays family , both Lowell or Price. My wife and I both have the TCB and TLC necklaces and just the other day received our "Crazy" Bracelets, and we were very pleased once again. Nice family! Mr Hays shared a few Elvis stories with us and couldn't have been nicer.

Sorry you had problems but for me I would do business again with them.

TCB

Randall :D[/quote]

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:24 am

NashboroughVegas wrote:Hi Randall,
Were your necklaces "all diamond" and did your bracelets have diamonds? If so, did Hays give you a gem report verifing the diamonds?

That 's all I was asking for and promised I'd receive.

I'm not Randall, but I would like to add one more thought to this thread:

I really hate it when somebody comes on saying that somebody (a seller) walks-on-water, when obviously, ........... that is not the case if what is being said on this thread is true.

I, for one, believe the original thread starter.

I have also walked in their shoes; hence, my stance.

I've had occasional problems with supposed "reputable" sellers in The Elvis World. Hey, I don't know, maybe they think all fans are stupid, but I'm not. I know when I'm being yanked around ........ and even the most "reputable" of Elvis-World sellers are capable of it.

-------------------------

Nash,

If you feel you didn't & aren't getting what you paid for & were promised ........ be persistent ............ keep after them .......... until they get sick of you and do what's right just to be rid of you. That's what I would do (& have). :wink:

Good Luck.

N8
... just a fan ....