Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just a funny thought

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:12 pm

Reading the topic about Elvis’ record collection it struck me he didn’t have much of his own records. This made me wonder about Priscilla and Lisa Marie. I think it’s very likely many fans on this board do own more Elvis recordings than Priscilla and Lisa Marie do. Can you imagine Priscilla and Lisa Marie owning imports?

Just a funny thought. I think I own more Elvis recordings than his daughter and ex-wife who used to run EPE. :wink:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:21 pm

Lisa certainly listens to his fathers records. She once mentioned that she had been listening to the 70's box set which she likes.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:31 pm

But did that list include ALL his records? I mean, I didn't see Charlie Rich's 70's albums in there and I know he liked those. Perhaps he had them on tape! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:31 pm

Don't you think Lisa would get the Elvis records from Sony/RCA/BMG as a complimentary perk, being his daughter? I do wonder if she has any imports. Is that against the EPE strategy (buying imports, mainly because they did go to court to try to stop the making of anything Elvis overseas, but lost). Well, it's interesting to conjecture.....
sue

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:33 pm

silver wrote:Don't you think Lisa would get the Elvis records from Sony/RCA/BMG as a complimentary perk, being his daughter?


Possible but what about older issues? Will it be complete? And if she does, doesn't she get fed up with all those compilations? :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:48 pm

BUT why does she needs imports? I mean, I guess she can have acces to all soundboards in the can, or maybe she can't!!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm

Don't know about the import scene. I suppose sometimes a source is "borrowed" and sometimes the sources is lost/stolen and no longer available to the owners. I don't think at Graceland there's a cupboard where copies of all sounboards are stored for instance. What about audience recordings? I think it's very well possible Priscilla have never heard the Indy concert (Adios).
Last edited by buddy holly on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Just a funny thought

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:20 pm

buddy holly wrote:Just a funny thought. I think I own more Elvis recordings than his daughter and ex-wife who used to run EPE.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ............. :?

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:08 pm

frus75 wrote:BUT why does she needs imports? I mean, I guess she can have acces to all soundboards in the can, or maybe she can't!!


why do you say that ?

EPE don't actively own soundboard recordings, they might own the recordings of the 68 special or aloha or CBS, that I'm unsure of because rights to something and ownership of something can be very different, they can own the footage but just have rights to the sound, again I'm really not sure.

Re: Just a funny thought

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:12 pm

buddy holly wrote:Just a funny thought. I think I own more Elvis recordings than his daughter and ex-wife who used to run EPE. :wink:


Another assumption; I guess many of those female fans who supposedly also have more Elvis recordings than Priscilla still will trade places with Priscilla if they could (back then I mean).

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:18 pm

Priscila would love to listen to the Desert Storm bootleg. Specially You Gave Me A Mountain and It´s Midnight. :P

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:19 pm

Renan wrote:Priscila would love to listen to the Desert Storm bootleg. Specially You Gave Me A Mountain and It´s Midnight. :P


I tend to think that's something she will have heard someday considering how infamous it is.

Re: Just a funny thought

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:42 pm

buddy holly wrote:Reading the topic about Elvis’ record collection it struck me he didn’t have much of his own records. This made me wonder about Priscilla and Lisa Marie. I think it’s very likely many fans on this board do own more Elvis recordings than Priscilla and Lisa Marie do. Can you imagine Priscilla and Lisa Marie owning imports?

Just a funny thought. I think I own more Elvis recordings than his daughter and ex-wife who used to run EPE. :wink:


If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember hearing snippets of "import" audio (dialogue) on the recent "Elvis By The Presley's" DVD.

Evidence points to the fact that EPE (Pris. & Lisa) are indeed familiar with what is out there & in fact even using the stuff for "Official" products.

Ain't that the ultimate irony.


N8
... just a fan ....

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:51 pm

I read that Priscilla could never relate to the music, when she lived with and was married to Elvis. In other words she did not have any real interest in her husband's career and creative process. That contradicts the story that her stepfather got her Elvis' first album, before she met him. And that contradicts the story that her parents didn't think too highly of Elvis. Judging by some of the comments that have been made on the forum and by a lot of fans, it doesn't seem like she or most employees have ever listened to the major batch of imports. re: EPE being out of touch / not knowing about the true legacy and artistic value / releasing ducks.

If I was LM I'd listen to the every recording I could track down, because it would make me miss my father less. I mean at least she has the possibility to do so. Most of us aren't left with such a legacy of our loved ones.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:57 pm

Melanie wrote:Judging by some of the comments that have been made on the forum and by a lot of fans, it doesn't seem like she or most employees have ever listened to the major batch of imports. re: EPE being out of touch / not knowing about the true legacy and artistic value / releasing ducks.


That makes me grateful to see a fan as Ernst pulling some strings.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Melanie wrote:Most of us aren't left with such a legacy of our loved ones.


That´s so true!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:50 pm

Renan wrote:Priscila would love to listen to the Desert Storm bootleg.


She already has it in her collection. She was the high bidder last week during an eBay auction. She's getting closer to having them all now.



:wink:

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:33 pm

I gave Lisa a movie that has a new Elvis soundtrack and she said that she loved the movie and it was awesome that they added the Elvis songs, & would definatly watch it! I thought about giving her some Elvis imports, maybe I should have! lol But really, I wanted to get her something to enjoy while she was on the road... that's what was so cool because she said to me "we def needed some movies to watch while on the road" :D

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:38 pm

Lisa Marie probably has a recording (soundboard) of every live concert her Dad ever did, and probably some other recordings that we will never hear.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:43 pm

InMemphis wrote:Lisa Marie probably has a recording (soundboard) of every live concert her Dad ever did, and probably some other recordings that we will never hear.
On her latest album there is a snippet of her as a baby talking,singing and for sure her daddy is in one or most of those type recordings.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:26 am

Renan wrote:Priscila would love to listen to the Desert Storm bootleg. Specially You Gave Me A Mountain and It´s Midnight. :P


Renan - I thought Priscilla was there. Didn't he introduce her right before Mountain? Or do you mean that she would like it so she could remember how she was there and the audience was told that she had been given an engagement ring that was given to Elvis by an old girl friend? :lol:
sue

Well, everyone knows that I really don't care for Priscilla.
And, yes, I guess Lisa does have all her father's work!!

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Yes she was there. I´d like to see her face listening to those parts I mentioned above 30 years later. :lol: :lol:

And hey! I don´t like Priscila either. :lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:41 pm

...I don´t know if Lisa & Cilla have listened to "ALL" Soundboards, but at least to many of it. Didn´t EPE bought "the colonels collection" years ago?
The other thing is, that EPEs aim is to "make money". So it´s hard to believe, that both have not listened to all existing tapes & watched every 8mm clip they could find, just to find out if there is "something" they have to:
know
get
release etc.
Of course they will not tell the public, but to "handle a legacy" they MUST HAVE to... :wink:

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:10 pm

I listened to Desert Storm just this morning. I saw it in a different light than the first times I heard it (when I was just so surprised at his comments). Notice how fast he talks; how he can't seem to stop talking; he can't control what he says (mentioning Mike Stone, when Priscilla and Lisa were there); how he even interrupts his own songs to talk. I then listened to a show made the same year 4 months earlier. It was a completely different show. He spoke and sang as slowly as he usually did and he didn't talk much at all. He got through the songs without interruption. He made his usual jokes. In Desert Storm, he had what is called pressured speech, which is a common symptom of a malady which I won't get into again. I believe Big Red said something about hearing a show where he spoke very, very quickly, and I think strangely, also. Needless to say, I don't think his pressured speech or his drug problems were his fault. You do what you have to do to get through life (even if it kills you). (If he only had some correct help.)
sue